Is any once else thinking....

Guest theinvertednewt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Who on the Pyramid stage (or any other stage) at the greatest live event on the planet? Can it really get any better than that? I think not. This year is going to be one to remember for a very long time indeed. If the rest of the bill comes anywhere near this standard it will be just great

Come on guys no need for this pessimistic attitude. Look on the bright side - at least Razorlight aren't playing.

Arctic Monkeeys after Kasabian, some kind of funkin joke !?! If this turns out to be the actual line up for the pyramid stage, hope to god the other stages aren't quite as ballsd up!! Saw the Monkeys at Oxegen last year and they were no way near headline quality even for a festival of that stature let alone Glastonbury

Edited by Charlie_Brown

"Moby - Again. Was popular that year because of the number of adverts that had his music on."

So his 10 years of recording and touring, building up a loyal fanbase didn't attract the (musically knowledgeable) glastonbury crowd?

The fact is Moby deserved his headline spot as he had the experience, some of the

"1 album" bands simply can't appeal to the bulk of the glasto audience. I personally don't mind who headlines as I have varied tastes and can always find something worth watching but the pyramid headline should have a musical CV of some sort IMHO.

Moby supported Robbie on one of his Knebworth dates and I know some people who went who actually think Moby was better.

he puts in 100% effort, has a great sound and a fantastic lights and lasers show to match.

I remember the lasers in 2003 when they made a blanket over the whole sky, it was drizzling at the time and the rain drops passing through the laser made them light up like a spark, the whole sky looked like glitter! was amazing!

Tommy, do you mean his entire Glastonbury set is on the 18 DVD?!

• 2 years later...

Grrr Glastonbury just not about music!!!!

If you don't like the headline's so far!, it's simple don't go. FFS go to V or Reading where the only thing is music. Glastonbury festival on the other hand is so much more. Music, Arts, Fire Performance's, Craft's, Comedy, etc...

Really I think you no idea what Glasto is about and what it has to offer. Just go and experience it, then if you don't like it, then complain about it, or if you have been before then i don't think you understood what the festival is about!!!! in my opinion.

But we all see things has they are...

Edited by jamiejc