Is any once else thinking....

Guest theinvertednewt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think e festivals would show their hand if they were not sure !

very true, but if efests was absolutely certain it would say absolutely certain ... efests is pretty confident these are it tho.

I had this info yesterday, but had trouble believing the killers after the denials. But as there's now another story elsewhere suggesting they're back in as headliners it gave me confidence that what I had was right.

Must admit if they are the headliners I am left feeling a bit deflated.

Don't get me wrong I love The Killers and Artics to bits and have seen both 4 + times in the last year or so.

If they were playing Leeds or V I would be well chuffed.

And think that is the problem, personally I think Leeds or V or IOW should get em and Glasto should have

should have surprised us with their headliners !

why the hell would they clash The Who and Chemical Brothers!

1. they can't programme the acts so that everyone goes to see the same act at the same time - people would die in the crushes.

2. The Who and the Chems are totally different music, which will appeal to totally different people who like totally different types of music: by putting such different acts on at the same time it gives a real alternative so that those who don't like The Who might go see the Chems, and vice-versa. You'd be likely to be pissed off if they put on two bands of a type of music you didn't like, as it would give no alternative (on just those two stages, anyway).

eFestivals doesn't *know* that these acts will all play then away. eFestivals *thinks* this is how it all is, but doesn't *know*.

You say that but the whole day on the Sunday in 05 about 75000 people were infront of the Pyramid stage all day! The Who and Chemical brothers are always going to be huge draws so a lot of people will be disappointed. Plus some people like very diverse ranges of music.

so about half the possible crowd, and about it's capacity I guess.

As I said, not everyone can go to one stage at the same time. It's a standard and NEEDED feature of festival programming that the popular acts are put on to deliberately clash, and so spilt the crowd around the stages.

There will be some chap reading this thread thinking

"Its rumoured - Zooty and the Magners Roots are headling the Avalon Alternative Tent in the Greenfields"

And he will be as pleased as punch over that.

And will be chuckling over the rants and raves on this thread re the Pyramid

Stage to which he has never been to in 30 years of attending Glastonbury

:lol:

I'll be to stoned to care who's playing :O

The other stage, greenfields etc is where I spend more time.

Theres been good and bad for many years,

Best I've seen at Glasto :( :

95 - Shamen, Orbital, Prodigy,Massive Attack, DJ Black Dog, Etc WHAT A YEAR !! Still my favorite! :(:lol::):);)

Other years

LEFTFIELD !!!!Faithless, Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Tracy Thorn, Suzanne Vega, Happy Mondays, Roger Waters, Banco De Gaia, Eat Static, David Gray, Tori Amos, Courtney Love, PULP, Coldplay, etc... the list is endless.

there is more to the festival, then the big bands, like gigling for 50miniutes at the "Sensi Seed Bank" , thanks Mr Herrer :(

Will spend more time at the Circus area this year.

Edited by mrfunk