Chemical Brothers

Guest twenty_foot_chickens

The Chemical Brothers self-confirmed themselves to play on the Other Stage, on the Sunday at Glastonbury this year. They did so at their DJ set at Turnmills on NYE. I was positive that they would play glastonbury, but now we have some confirmation. Kasabian and Chemical Brothers - looking good already!

Edited by twenty_foot_chickens

when i went to see chemical brothers at glastonbury in 2004, i didnt like any sort of dance music

i was close minded, and thought that dance music was for scallies and such :)

then as i stood there, being hit by wave after wave of bass, something happened (the nightcrawlers heart grew three sizes! :) )

i hadnt even had any drugs yet, but this was possibly one of my best gigs ever!

now i love dance music in its entirety, chemical brothers i have seen numerous times, and i will always remmeber standing in a field having my persona picked apart and reesembled in such a nicer style ;)

HERE WE GO! :lol:

I thought exactly the same as you about dance music, but then, also like you, The Chems totally converted me. The Chems are one of the best live acts around I think - quality addition and I can't wait to see them again. Notice you're from Manchester Nightcrawler, well they're also playing the Ritz in Manchester in June.

well it looks like i know where i'll try and be on the sunday then.

I thought exactly the same as you about dance music, but then, also like you, The Chems totally converted me. The Chems are one of the best live acts around I think - quality addition and I can't wait to see them again. Notice you're from Manchester Nightcrawler, well they're also playing the Ritz in Manchester in June.

I saw them at Glasto in 04 and it was great! Like you've said I didn't really like that kind of music but the atmosphere was incredible. People dancing round small fires, the carzy video backdrop! I wasn't on any drugs and hardly had any alcohol yet it was still incredible.

Great memories of dance acts on The Other Stage

My favourites would be

Goldfrapp

Basement Jaxx

Orbital

The Chems would go down a storm on that stage, like Fatboy Slim did in 05 , they were blistering

at V the other year.

According to their website this will just be a DJ set.

Edit: Never mind, that was an '05 date. Hopefully it'll be a full set, one of the three bands that I most want to see. After seeing Faithless followed by Groove Armada at last year's V I'm really looking forward to it, first band announced that makes me want to come (apart from Fatboy but I read that later - missed out on him last year for a chance to see Radiohead).

Edited by esseh

My bofy and I have been fans of the Chemical Brothers for a good few years now and go and see them when ever we can.

When we took a friend to see them at Glasto 04 he was adament that he didn't like dance and that this wasn't going to be for him.

As soon as the bass kicked in and that first massive wave hit the crowd his only response was "F*CK OFF!!!!" and he grinned he was through the rest of the gig :lol:

• 2 years later...
The Chemical Brothers self-confirmed themselves to play on the Other Stage, on the Sunday at Glastonbury this year. They did so at their DJ set at Turnmills on NYE. I was positive that they would play glastonbury, but now we have some confirmation. Kasabian and Chemical Brothers - looking good already!