Kasabian To Play!!!

Guest john28uk

That's not true Neil. Pete was tyrying to find out where he stood legally before he knew of the investigation, and he made it public himself.

i remember seeing a timeline published somewhere that showed it as I said it. He knew he was being investigated a long time before he was arrested.

The above doesn't mean that his motives were any different from those he (and you) have given.

Edited by Neil

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having seen the timeline (do you remember where it was?), I'm guessing that it was similar dates that were proven wrong. There was no 'long time' between the start of the investigation (that he was invloved in) and him being arrested. He volunteered.

The timeline - I know I called it a timeline, but it wasn't a literal one. But it was an article, quite a while after things were done and dusted that talked thru when each particular thing happened. I've no memory of where I read it, but it might have been the observer, just because that what I read most that has that sort of retrospective piece (it had ceased to be the sort of news that tabloids would have been interested in, and I remember it wasn't much reported - in some senses, it wasn't much more than a 'he said she said' type thing, but it showed that things weren't so clear-cut innocent as Pete had suggested).

It's not the same as guilty, either Neil.

I would have thought the balance of probability would seem to point towards him being innocent given the obvious attaraction to the police of catching another famous person.

Actually, by the strict letter of the law, he was guilty. His claimed purpose in looking at the site didn't give him any exemption from the law (I believe that that the people who are allowed to look at them for a genuine purpose have to obtain some sort of licence). But I agree, to the spirit of the law, if his actions were as he claims, then I don't think he's guilty of any crime.

Do I think he's guilty? Nope. He probably just paniced, and tried to cover his arse.

well, unless you can point me in the direction of said article, this just sounds like you're making judgements on half-stories Neil. I've tried to counter all of your claims with facts, but you're responses are getting ever vaguer...

I'm making a judgement on something I read. Just because I can't produce that article for you right this second (I'm trying to find it on the observers website [even tho it may not be from there], but their website search is crap :lol:) doesn't make me wrong to hold the opinion I do on the information I've seen. You holding a different opinion on what I believe to be lesser information isn't suddenly going to make me take your version of the facts on as my own.

As for getting vaguer, how is giving some clarification getting vaguer? It's narrowing things down, not getting vaguer. :)

ANYWAY !!!

Back to the thread

I said ages back before the Townsend thing, Glasto needed a current UK act on top of their

game to headline one of the nights.

Looks like it is Kasabian and I could not be more happy for em !

After playing under Razorlight on The Other stage in 2005 I would have been surprised if

they had headlined that stage.

Bring em on !

(gettin a little bored with this, but here goes...for now)

He admitted accessing one site for whatever reason he gave... he's not denying it, he apologised.. I hope you have a led an immaculate existence up until now... :lol:

Surely it's 'pedo' not 'pedio'? Or am I out of touch with how da kids talk?

Anyway, one thing can be said for certain about Pete Townsend: He's got a f**king massive nose.

And Kasabian...I'm listening to their new album at the mo, but can honestly say I'd prefer The Killers.

Saw them at bournemouth on mon night......blinding!!

I reckon sunday on the pyramid stage headline to finish the wkend off.....

:lol:

Kasabian last night at earls court were amazing imo, can't wait to see them play Glastonbury again!

I said it last year after their amazing live performance on the other stage (Razorlight stood no chance at all after that) that they were the best live band around and now with the new tracks cemented in my mind (Stuntman,Doberman,Empire,Shoot the runner etc) i really do believe there is no better band around than them live. They just seem to have that bit of edge which loads of bands lack live and in Tom they have one hell of a frontman who can get the crowd going (top guy as well).

Also special mention for the drummer of Kasabian....Wow what a drummer is all i can say, his drum solos are incredible as well

So yes i think they will be perfect for Glastonbury and i for on cannot wait.

Oh also did anyone hear that they will be doing a muse like event next summer at Wembley Stadium?

I said it last year after their amazing live performance on the other stage (Razorlight stood no chance at all after that) that they were the best live band around and now with the new tracks cemented in my mind (Stuntman,Doberman,Empire,Shoot the runner etc) i really do believe there is no better band around than them live. They just seem to have that bit of edge which loads of bands lack live and in Tom they have one hell of a frontman who can get the crowd going (top guy as well).

Also special mention for the drummer of Kasabian....Wow what a drummer is all i can say, his drum solos are incredible as well

Oh also did anyone hear that they will be doing a muse like event next summer at Wembley Stadium?

i see that stupid bint in the sun, victoria newton, has got an exclusive today that kasabian told her that they are playing at glastonbury this year.

she's usually about a month late with her " exclusives"

well muse for one are a far better live band

kasabian are ok and put on a fairly good live show

but its all so unorignal, plodding rock

and there fans are largely knob head football fans who dont like music

they dont fit with the glasto vibe for me

superb news, i reckon they're more likely to play 2nd than actually headline the pyramid stage, but you never know - they'll be doing stadiums soon anyways, so maybe headlining the pyramid stage could happen. either way, think ill hold off seeing them for the 25th time till glasto happens, need a break again they were terrible at brixton the other week. they arent great/amazing all the time, seen them play some absolutely shocking gigs