Brothers Pear Cider...

Guest crispy

Warehouse in Huddersfield now sells Brothers Pear AND the strawberry and Pear cider (or perry, whatever suits you).

they are so good! another bar (now closed) used to sell pear cider but it was nowhere near the quality of Brothers. 500ml bottles too! awesome!

ok they arent the festival strength drinks, but they're good enough to remind me of Glasto with every drink.

"First enjoyed in a field in Somerset"

I love that.

Have heard exceedingly strange rumours that the beautiful person bar here in Lincoln has started to stock BB perry. NOT convinced as yet but if they are then its more likely to be the weaker stuff.

Dayglo and me quaffed a bottle of the real (and harder) stuff from the deli on Gardner Street in Brighton a few weeks ago. Its advert outside ona chalkboard states - 'Missing the fests? Then take home a crate of Brother Bar pear Cider for an at home festy experience!' Or words to that effect.

It was VERY tasty. Didnt buy the strawberry stuff at the time but will be if ever I find it here in Lincoln. Are the rumours of some Snozbury's stocking it true? Our reasonably large aint doing it yet, I check each time.

BUT I am quite upset. I have been recently getting back into cider big time (I blame a certain Mr Scooby for that partly) and in my ignorance thought it wasnt too bad for the waistline - HOW WRONG WAS I?!!! Since Late August I have ballooned due to the high sugar content and high consumption! Only got told this (the sugar content part! - had already noticed the spare tyre!)) AFTER I had purchased 5 bottles of Biddenden Vineyard's finest Dry (8.4% and very tasty!), Hot and Spicy (8.4% heat it up and its Wednesday night at the Cider Bus at Glasto in your own home :blink: ) and the Reserve (13% proof, matured in barrels that have already been used for 3 years filled with sherry in Spain then 2 years with Scottish whiskey so the taste is understandably RATHER fine not to mention potent, and can be kept for over 3 months after opening) cider from a stall at an event I was at that day. So they are now all sitting downstairs untouched while I sit here all fat and miserable and trying to ignore their existence at the mo.

Here's the website just in case anyone is inspired to try these lush brews: Biddenden Cider

The Hot & Spicy and the Dry are £3ish per litre bottle down south from cider shops and markets, in Lincoln the Hot & Spicy retails for £8!!!! at our local beer shop! ;)

;) but resistance is futile ... what I think you really need is some positive assistance in removing said temptation. I would be more than happy to help you out here (as would many others no doubt !) by consuming this clearly evil and spare tyre inducing nectar and at no expense either. Oh, that poor lonely cider. Think of the cider, wont somebody please think of the cider !! :(

Just had a bottle of the 4.0% at our Scream bar, its ever so fizzy and tastes NOTHING like the paralysing juice that one can purchase from Glastonbury and AS for the strawberry stuff! No way, AND the fact that it is being marketed now in naff bars just takes the magic away from one of the greatest brews I have ever had.

Put it this way, of course no bar can really sell the real shit that one can get at the Big G but as I wont ever be returning to Glasto again (I think), I am very sad I will never experience the chemical paralysing bliss that drinking even just half a pint of 'Grog' can give you. :blink: I have no problem with BB wanting to reach a larger audience but its a shame that new drinkers wont appreciate the history and the stories that have come from experiences of drinking Brothers Bar Pear Cider.

Or is that just me being far too sentimental and judgemental?

still up for trying this dont think its got as far as down here yet x

It was my birthday yesterday and my brother bought me a crate!

Apparently the offie opposite his work sells it (somewhere in Bristol, around queens square i think) - and you can buy them already chilled!

mmmmmmmmmm, I'm off to the fridge!

EDIT: AND it's festival strength! :blink:

Edited by Minxy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...