PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first gig i ever went to was Pearl Jam at wembley in 96 heres the set list

Oceans, Last Exit, Animal, Spin The Black Circle, Hail, Hail, Dissident, In My Tree, Corduroy, Small Town, Not For You, Even Flow, Daughter/Androgynous Mind, Jeremy, State of Love and Trust, Sometimes, RVM, Immortality, Alive, Blood, Porch, Encore: Off He Goes, Better Man, Whipping, Smile, Leaving Here

if they come up with something like that i think i will wet myself :blink:

Edited by Messi30

Hey what do you all think of ed's voice these days compared to the ten/vs/yield era?

iv heard mixed opinions from ppl. personally prefered the earlier recordings, but they had to change wit time.

cant believe they are playing reading since joking about the possibility of seeing them at last years fest.

also proud i bagged my login name while it was still availabe hehe

oh yeh any news on possibility of tool playing up on the sunday? heard about it recently. going to see them at the hammersmith apollo next month..should be ace

Edited by pearljam

yeh not sue i have been using http://www.theskyiscrape.com/audvis/index.php - though just google "pearl jam torrents" and there are loadsa options

this has the torrents to some concerts. Speeds are ok too so long as you get the seeds in there.

think the site has alot more concerts.

if they do record PJ at the festival sure this site will host it

Edited by pearljam

Well Pearl Jam allow bootleggers to record shows. The official shows are there at soundboard quality but shows are allowed to be hosted as long as they aren't from official sources. theskyiscrape and other PJ bootleg sites ( like www.f4kin-up.net and www.pearljamlive.com ) host these fan bootlegs, not the official ones.

I recommend the Green Habit compilation. Has a recording of every PJ song ever played live. They tried to find the best quality version/best performance of each song from unofficial sources, so a few are a bit dodgy but most are great. Includes a fair amount of covers too. The Habit improv is worth it alone.

Edited by fowls

With regards to people asking what are the chances of them playing "X song"- reasonable as Pearl Jam are one of the best bands at mixing up their setlist, and they always delve quite far back. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they play quite a few different songs in reading that they don't play in Leeds and vice versa.

I've been listening to the new album since Saturday now and have to say that I really like it.

'Life Wasted' opens the album in a way that is reminiscent of 'Breakerfall' on Binaural. Pearl Jam rocking out and enjoying themselves on this one. Still doesn't touch 'Brain Of J' as my favourite opening track however.

'Comatose' is one of my favourites on the new album. PJ touching on their punkier thoughts and putting some real aggression into it, which was something that didn't come through so much on Riot Act.

'Severed Hand' does have a riff very similar to that of 'Porch'. But that's no bad thing at the end of the day. It's a decent track, nothing on 'Porch' however.

'Parachutes' and 'Unemployable' ensure the middle of the album is strong. Both songs are right up there in my favourites on this album and I hope they slip one or both in at Reading.

Overall, I really like this album on first impressions. They rock out a lot more than on Riot Act, which was something I was really hoping for.

Really liking it and looking forward to getting the CD so I can have the songs at top quality as they were meant to be heard.

new short promo video for the new album inc. spoilers: http://www.getyourfix.com.au/pearljam.html

(requires QuickTime to be installed)

band is also set to be on the first jools holland of the new series, zane lowe's gonzo on mtv2, and possibly friday night jonathan ross in the coming weeks.

Edited by fantomas

There's a bittorrent link on www.theskyiscrape.com. It's a big file (4.55Gb) but well worth it.

I love the album. I heard 4 songs before I heard the entire album so it didn't hit me as much as previous albums. Also I found a lot of the songs just remind me of various other songs, which puts a downer on things. There isn't much structure either. Listening to the album it could be in any order at all, it doesn't flow very well, it's just a collection of random songs which stops it being a great album. Still a very good album indeed though.

Riot Act used to be my fav. PJ album, but now I think it's my least fav. This album hits all the same tones so much better. As good as Vs but not the masterpiece of Vitalogy or No Code.

I wouldn't say it was anywhere near as good as vs. in any respect.

Riot Act is the worst album they have released as well...

Ten, Yield, Vitalogy, vs. and No Code are the best they've done. Binaural is a good album, but not in the same class as the previous five.

I think you're being unfair on the new album though, it's not the finished article that's been leaked.

Edited by fowls