PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think anyone whos spent 160 odd quid to get a reading ticket, and as a genuine music fan, would have the common sense to pick up a few pearl jam cds, if not then they might miss out on an amazing gig for them, so i think its safe to say people are going to get into pearl jam becuase of reading

EDIT: cock? no f**king need mate

Edited by Padley

i think anyone whos spent 160 odd quid to get a reading ticket, and as a genuine music fan, would have the common sense to pick up a few pearl jam cds, if not then they might miss out on an amazing gig for them, so i think its safe to say people are going to get into pearl jam becuase of reading

Yeah, I can say I'm already one of those people. When the annoucement was made I was disappointed, but I think they're the band I'm looking forward to third most now. I honestly didn't know who they were before, but they are a grunge band I've found and I can enjoy.

I've got Riot Act and Rearviewmirror, have to say their older stuff sounds alot better. I'll definitely be into them when CW comes round, think I'm gonna look into picking up the new album as well.

Yeah, I can say I'm already one of those people. When the annoucement was made I was disappointed, but I think they're the band I'm looking forward to third most now. I honestly didn't know who they were before, but they are a grunge band I've found and I can enjoy.

I've got Riot Act and Rearviewmirror, have to say their older stuff sounds alot better. I'll definitely be into them when CW comes round, think I'm gonna look into picking up the new album as well.

I am going to get some CD's...if i like them i will go and see them and im sure they will put on a great show.

But if i dislike there music, or just dont get into them, i will quite happily see Maximo Park, and im sure they will put on a great show.

The new album is about four thousand times better than their last effort. It leaked yesterday and I think virtually everyone will prefer it to Riot Act...and probably Binaural too. There aren't really any 'weak' songs on it and there are at least 3 or 4 absolute classics.

Severed Hand is an intense, upbeat rocker in the vein of Porch. Unemployable is a massive departure from their sound. Very interesting and suits his voice perfectly today.

Then the last three songs are really beautiful. Army Reserve, Come Back (lighters aloft!) and Inside Job. The last one especially.

Am I the only one who hates Severed Hand?!

Everytime I listen to it I just think "...Porch was better". I try and listen to it without thinking of Porch, but that riff makes it imposssible. I guess it could sound cool if they tacked it onto the end of Porch, abut as a stand alone song I think it's terrible.

Am I the only one who hates Severed Hand?!

Everytime I listen to it I just think "...Porch was better". I try and listen to it without thinking of Porch, but that riff makes it imposssible. I guess it could sound cool if they tacked it onto the end of Porch, abut as a stand alone song I think it's terrible.

Have you heard the song?

The riff is very nearly the same as the Porch riff. It's not harsh at all. If they use the same riff then there's obviously going to be comparison. In my opinion Porch is 10 times as good as Severed Hand.

I love every PJ album, but too be honest this is shaping up to be my least favourite. I've heard WWS, SH, Unemployable and Parachutes. WWS and Unemployable are quite good but nothing special, Parachutes doesn't do much for me and SH is pretty poor.

Edited by fowls

Have you heard the song?

The riff is very nearly the same as the Porch riff. It's not harsh at all. If they use the same riff then there's obviously going to be comparison. In my opinion Porch is 10 times as good as Severed Hand.

I love every PJ album, but too be honest this is shaping up to be my least favourite. I've heard WWS, SH, Unemployable and Parachutes. WWS and Unemployable are quite good but nothing special, Parachutes doesn't do much for me and SH is pretty poor.