predictions for headliners 2003

Guest pieface

I think pieface may well have the pyramid stage right, what a cracking bill that would be (although I think I'd probably be looking to see what else was on vs the stones).

Can see the logic in Doves headlining a night on the other stage, good set this year as the sun went down, and soggy's suggestion of underworld on the saturday night seems fair, along the same lines as Orbital this year.

Blur are too big for Other Stage and I doubt they'd come if they weren't headlining Pyramid, and Faithless almost headlined this year, doubt they'll play again.

FF yes Robbie did play in 1998, a one-off show which should be left that way, Rolf I think will probably play at 7 this year on the pyramid stage, bound to be the highlight.

Also think the Vines and Supergrass will play, and I'd love to see Portishead back.

Guest Guest_Jay

Sonic Youth. Sonic Youth. Sonic Youth.

Rumoured for last year but never appeared...saw them in manchester the week before...really amazing stuff...perhaps MF/Michael/Emily?whoever should bring them back over the atlantic? they'd really suit the glasto ethos on one of the smaller stages. i think they played in 94 or something.

REM sound good. very good in fact.

Bring back the levellers too for that matter.

and as for less old bands, the Vines, And the White Stripes. Missed them both last year. Please?

Pleae please please NOT REM. They were cool till Green them bummed out on scag and got depression. I've always felt Glastonbury to be a happy ( and the only shiny happy poeple were in the circus field ) place where people loved each other, not spent the whole time feeling sorry for themselves. They're hardly 'contemporary' and whilst they perform I still think their music is stretching the boundaries of the definition of the word 'art'. Besides, they're septics anyway. B)

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I was 20, what a great age. :D

Aug 21 2009, 07:49 PM' post='2947005']

When you look at the line-up, 2003 seemed to be the year of so-called "festival bands" - Manics, Feeder, SFA, Flaming Lips, Primal Scream.

Edited by rexclark