Exit Festival, Novi Sad, Serbia

Guest bodgers

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i'm English and was lucky enough to go to both Glastonbury and Exit last year, i have to say, Exit was the better festival in every respect; it was better organised, had free internet, cleaner, MUCH cheaper, better food, amazing atmosphere,basically brilliant. Its gone up in price this year but its still easily worth it. As for the music its more dance based on the main stages, at the same time there are a stupid number of smaller stages playing gypsy music, reggae, r&b and then of course the Metal Hammer stage which was just ridiculously heavy but quite funny. Also daily beach parties are just the best...

Oh and the camp site is fine don't listen to scare mongerers its quite small and very secure, basically this is what festivals should really be like, im just worried that this one will become too big soon and turn into a carling weekend...

Hope that was some help.

hey this is the first time im heading 2 exit cant wait, im from glasgow but me and a couple of friends are flying from newcastle to budapest,( nice cheap flights!) then we goin 2 get the train over 2 novi sad. just wondered how did u get there? and do u know if a train runs quite late at night? (we dont get into budapest until about 930pm) also if your goin this year, was wondering do u just reserve your campsite place through the offical exit website? final thing and ill leave u in peace im guessing its shorts and sunglasses weather and not the usual fleace and wellies u need for good old British festivals?! :blink:

hey this is the first time im heading 2 exit cant wait, im from glasgow but me and a couple of friends are flying from newcastle to budapest,( nice cheap flights!) then we goin 2 get the train over 2 novi sad. just wondered how did u get there? and do u know if a train runs quite late at night? (we dont get into budapest until about 930pm) also if your goin this year, was wondering do u just reserve your campsite place through the offical exit website? final thing and ill leave u in peace im guessing its shorts and sunglasses weather and not the usual fleace and wellies u need for good old British festivals?! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

Just wondering did anyone get the email from EXIT Website about the accomodation? I got it about 2 weeks ago and they said in the email that they were releasing accomodation on the 15th May but I havnt heard anything since and have tried ringing as well....

anyone any ideas? :blink:

Hey!

Just wondering did anyone get the email from EXIT Website about the accomodation? I got it about 2 weeks ago and they said in the email that they were releasing accomodation on the 15th May but I havnt heard anything since and have tried ringing as well....

anyone any ideas? :blink:

Hey,

I am trying to book train tickets from Budapest to Novi Sad on weds 5th July at 23.35. I called the number on the bahn website but they said they cannot book them over the phone and only buy locally...we are traveling from England...Has anyone already book tickets for this train and if so, how did you do it?!?!

cheers for any help / info

Mouse

Hey,

I am trying to book train tickets from Budapest to Novi Sad on weds 5th July at 23.35. I called the number on the bahn website but they said they cannot book them over the phone and only buy locally...we are traveling from England...Has anyone already book tickets for this train and if so, how did you do it?!?!

cheers for any help / info

Mouse

Yeah me and three mates, are travelling to Budapest on the third and intend to get the same train, (hopefully) we'll watch (england in) the semi finals and catch the 23;30 train to Novi Sad.

Not a clue how to book the tickets though, let me know if anyone finds out.

Well, I tried calling the bahn.co.uk nuber again (08702435363) and was told that tickets for the journey cannot be booked via internet or phone...spose it will have to be sorted in Budapest! We land in Budapest at around 18.20 so should have time to find a place to watch England in the Semis (Hopefully!!!)

keep on keepin' on!

Well, I tried calling the bahn.co.uk nuber again (08702435363) and was told that tickets for the journey cannot be booked via internet or phone...spose it will have to be sorted in Budapest! We land in Budapest at around 18.20 so should have time to find a place to watch England in the Semis (Hopefully!!!)

keep on keepin' on!

Hi, I'm making plans to make my first trip to the EXIT festival but chances are I'll be on my own as getting people to commit to anything is a real pain. I'm from Manchester and will probably fly from newcastle or london to Budapest.

Is anyone else going it alone that might need travel buddy etc? Feel free to get in touch - I'm m/29.

I'm having hard time finding place to stay, might have to end up camping. Is it safe there?

I have apartment for rent. It is small but OK apartment. There is bedroom for 3 persons to sleep and dining room with one bed for forth person. Apartment has kitchen and bathroom off course. It is possible to make room for fifth person too. It is 10 minutes bus/taxi ride from the festival. Price is 25 euro per person per night if you are interested send me mail if you are not, see you at EXIT!

markovurdelja@netscape.net

Bye!

Does anyone know how easy it is to go back and forth between Belgrade and Novi Sad on a daily basis? are there daily buses and/or trains? is it worth hiring a car? As I'm staying at 4* hotel in Belgrade city centre. Was contemplating staying in the camp site but I physically and mentally can't keep going for 4 days without sleep. I tried booking somewhere in Novi Sad but nowehere has an online booking facility and they just don't reply to emails, full stop.

Can't really understand why everyone is flying into Budapest - seems like a lot of a*sing about to me, but that's just my opinion. I managed to get a return flight from Manchester to Belgrade via frankfurt for £198.

Does anyone know how easy it is to go back and forth between Belgrade and Novi Sad on a daily basis? are there daily buses and/or trains? is it worth hiring a car? As I'm staying at 4* hotel in Belgrade city centre. Was contemplating staying in the camp site but I physically and mentally can't keep going for 4 days without sleep. I tried booking somewhere in Novi Sad but nowehere has an online booking facility and they just don't reply to emails, full stop.

I'm flying into Budapest on the 3rd.

But i'm thinking about flying home from Bratislava, does anyone know how hard it is to get there from Novi Sad or Belgrade by train (I was thinking about maybe visiting Belgrade on the way home).

Has anyone been to Bratislava before, is it a cool place to visit?

We're camping and will have been travelling for a week or two prior to Exit, does anyone know if there's lockers for valuables at Exit like there is at Glasto etc.

Cheers

Matty

Can't really understand why everyone is flying into Budapest - seems like a lot of a*sing about to me, but that's just my opinion. I managed to get a return flight from Manchester to Belgrade via frankfurt for £198.

I was at exit last year, and from what i got to see of it is was a fabulous festival, in an absoloutley stunning location.

all those woried about the camp site dont be.. its grand and even seemed to have a good few showers on site. although it is only about 10 min walk to the festival there were free shuttle buses to the site.

the only gripe i would have about it was entering the festival.. it was an absolute nightmare... so many people pussing and not getting through quick enough.. we ended up pushed into a bush, which e were stck in for about 15 min. if at all possible get up to the festival before about 9 as i think we arrived at the wrong time.

the fortress is amazing.. its such a mad feeling partying in there.. the main dance area is pretty insane.. looking down on it from the top of the scafolding stairs that led into it watching the madness is something i will never forget!

serbian people, alongside the cambodians, are without doubt the friendliest i have ever met!! i couldnt walk feet without someone else stopping me for a chat!

i have a few pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/13377838@N00/ *the first 5 or so are from a NIN concert in london

unfortunatley my time in serbia last year took a bad turn when the fella that was camping beside my friends passed out in his tent and choked on his own vomit.. after trying to resucitate for quite some time, by myself.. then with the campsite medical person, and finally an ambulance team he was declared dead. I'd advise anyone going to any festival to make sure that they know where the medical team is on site, and what the number for emergency services is. Make sure you party safely and look out for your friends.

Although this was terrible i wouldnt let it stop me going back again as it could have happened anywhere.

Novi Sad is a beautifull place, and i hope that one day i oppertunity!

I have booked flights for exit but now I cant make it, i am so gutted because i Know how good exit is. The flights i have booked leave newcastle on 3rd july( dep 16.30) and returning on 12th(dep at 20.10) I would rather sell these a a loss to someone rather than let them go to waste as I know how good serbia/exit is.

Anyone interested can reply here or probably better to email me direct on e.j.owen@gmail.com