Exit Festival, Novi Sad, Serbia

Guest bodgers

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible early confirmations for Exit 06 and looking good.

Info go off the exit forum.

''

Re:Exit 2006 Lineup/Ticket Details (English Speaki - 2006/02/08 09:38

So far, Franz Ferdinand have been confirmed, as well as Suzanne Vega. other semi-confirmed rumors include the Pet Shop Boys, Manu Chao, The Cardigans, Billy Idol and Enya.

Ticket sales will begin in the first week of march.''

and in serbian on the festival site.

EXIT 6: Franz Ferdinand

Jedan od trenutno najpopularnijih bendova sa ostrva, škotski sastav Franz Ferdinand prvi je potvrđeni headliner ovogodišnjeg Exita. Alex Kapranos, Nick McCarthy, Bob Hardy i Paul Thomson trenutno su na turneji po dalekom istoku promovišući svoj drugi album “You Could Have It So Much Better” a na Petrovaradinsku tvrđavu stići će kao glavne zvezde prve večeri festivala.

www.franzferdinand.co.uk

www.franzferdinand.tv

I Suzanne Vega potvrdila je svoj nastup na Exitu 6. Devojka sa gitarom, presentimentalni vokal i više od dvadeset godina iskustva na sceni dobri su razlozi da ne propustite njen nastup na ovogodišnjem festivalu.

Been a couple of times, but missed last years which sounded like the best line up so far.

No real tips as such - you will struggle to have a bad time, I know that much. Everyone there is really friendly.

I did hear that someone had a very expensive camera stolen from their tent last year. Camping is in the park in the middle of town, quite a way from the fortress, so maybe you might want to consider accommodation, which is pretty cheap, or finding a secure campsite (some of the locals rent out their gardens, etc, and make sure the tents are guarded).

Will see you guys there this year - have already booked plane, and will be buying tickets as soon as they go on sale.

Peace

I'm from Belgrade, Serbia. All i can say about EXIT that it's a great festival! It was founded in 2000. as a student protest against Slobodan Milosevic, and now that he's gone it's growing to a large festival!

I can highly recomend it. Novi Sad is a beautifull town, and the prices of food, drink and everything else are really really really cheap.

In 2004. hedliners were Massive Attack, Nene Cherry, Iggy Pop, and Cypress Hill

In 2005. - White Stripes, Garbage, Fatboy Slim, Underworld, Carl Cox, Apocalyptica, Slayer and Ian Brown

So as you can see the festival is getting better every year.

If you have any question about EXIT festival, Novi Sad, Serbia, or Belgrade i would be more than happy to help.

I'm from Belgrade, Serbia. All i can say about EXIT that it's a great festival! It was founded in 2000. as a student protest against Slobodan Milosevic, and now that he's gone it's growing to a large festival!

I can highly recomend it. Novi Sad is a beautifull town, and the prices of food, drink and everything else are really really really cheap.

In 2004. hedliners were Massive Attack, Nene Cherry, Iggy Pop, and Cypress Hill

In 2005. - White Stripes, Garbage, Fatboy Slim, Underworld, Carl Cox, Apocalyptica, Slayer and Ian Brown

So as you can see the festival is getting better every year.

If you have any question about EXIT festival, Novi Sad, Serbia, or Belgrade i would be more than happy to help.

I am really up for going.

I was reckoning on flying into Bratislava or Vienna and then taking the train down from there.

Because Serbia is not in the EU, I don't think budget airlines can fly in.

Do people recommend B&Bs instead of camping?

Can anyone recommend anything?

wikipedia have a good page on it.

I am actually flying into Budapest as it is only about £50.00 return (easyjet) compared to over £100.00 flying into Belgrade, and you have to travel just as far to get to Novi Sad no matter where you fly to.

A lot of my mates who are coming with me are planning to spend a couple of days in Budapest before heading back home, so it works out quite nicely.

Myself and girlfriend (Starburst on here) are seriously considering this festival, having been to Beni for the last couple of years.

Can anyone tell me what the weather's expected to be like, and how far the Hotel Park Novi Sad is from the festival site (4 night's in a 5* hotel for £130 is too good to miss!!!)

Cheers,

Karn

Myself and girlfriend (Starburst on here) are seriously considering this festival, having been to Beni for the last couple of years.

Can anyone tell me what the weather's expected to be like, and how far the Hotel Park Novi Sad is from the festival site (4 night's in a 5* hotel for £130 is too good to miss!!!)

Cheers,

Karn

Woland,

I was reading another site which says that within Serbia there are two prices for accomodation - one a local rate, and another a greatly increased 'tourist tax' (site I was on claimed that it costs 5 times as much for Western Europeans to stay in accomodation). The web entry for this is quite a few years out of date - does this practice still occur?

Edited by Woland

went to exit last year and it was pretty awesome. i'm thinking of going back again this year but i'm afraid it might go the way of benicassim. i.e a huge influx of english people. Being english this may sound hypocritical but i don't think it would be the same if it was overun with english. Especially as we met so many sound people from all over the balkans in 05.

Hi, a couple of friends and I are planning a trip to a festival to fill the Glastonbury gap, we were thinking of driving around Ireland and going to Oxegen, but I've been Reading some bad things about Oxegen (sounds a bit too much like Reading/V fest)

I started reading about EXIT and it sounds cool, my one concern is that it's a bit focused on dance music, is this justified? I know the headliners seem to mostly be indie/guitar/rock type things but I'm wondering about the rest of the time (when the headliners aren't playing) are there some indie/rock smaller stages? Or some acoustic guitar singer acts would be good too.

I know I should appreciate all types of music, and I do to some extent, but if it's too heavily focused on dance music I may look elsewhere.

What does everyone think? At Glastonbury I tend to spend most my time in the New/John Peel stage, the acoustic stages and up round greenfields, I find the dance village isn't so appealing. So is this the right festival for me?

Will

Hi, a couple of friends and I are planning a trip to a festival to fill the Glastonbury gap, we were thinking of driving around Ireland and going to Oxegen, but I've been Reading some bad things about Oxegen (sounds a bit too much like Reading/V fest)

I started reading about EXIT and it sounds cool, my one concern is that it's a bit focused on dance music, is this justified? I know the headliners seem to mostly be indie/guitar/rock type things but I'm wondering about the rest of the time (when the headliners aren't playing) are there some indie/rock smaller stages? Or some acoustic guitar singer acts would be good too.

I know I should appreciate all types of music, and I do to some extent, but if it's too heavily focused on dance music I may look elsewhere.

What does everyone think? At Glastonbury I tend to spend most my time in the New/John Peel stage, the acoustic stages and up round greenfields, I find the dance village isn't so appealing. So is this the right festival for me?

Will