The smell of grass - the green stuff on the floor

reallife

I never have grass to mow ... but had to pop out to parents today to do theres ... my dad is recovering from a hip replacement .. so I had the fun job of nipping around on the ride on .... until I came into conflict with one of his trees and it fought back and scratched my face , they used to flex much better when I did it last ... over 20 years ago !! watch out for trees folks they are dangerous !!

When you talk to people about Glastonbury they always talk about the rain and the mud. When it rains I don't think about Glastonbury, I think about it on days like today, first time this year that its hit me that I'm not going their this year, made me a bit sad. When I got to work spent 20 minutes looking at tents and airbeds for my daughter who will be 18 months when we go next year. If I can't be there this year I'm going to plan for next year

I bought my first lot of grass from a new local supplier last week. I like it. A lot. So much so that my wife has informed me that I am not to smoke it during the day, because it turns me in to a mong (her words, not mine). I have agreed to this request, but on a day like today, it's difficult to avoid the desire for a cheeky one.

I actually took my camping chair out to the garden yesterday and sat there with a few beers and music. 

Bittersweet moment really. Reminded me of last year, then reminded me I won't be going this year.

I am going to see The Killers on the Saturday of what would be Glastonbury weekend which should bring back some sweet memories of being at John Peel Stage back in 2017! :) 

20 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

I'm happy to play devils advocate. DO IT. I did and I'm a functioning grass mowing wonder.

Guess what? In a moment of madness I agreed to give my wife all the dope yesterday, and she's hidden it. Apparently she's only going to give it to me in small batches every night (the dope, that is!). However, all is not lost, because I've just found exactly enough for a long blue Rizzla  one'er. Oh happy days. Anyway, the thing is rolled now, and I'm going to take it out to the bottom of the garden and smoke it with a Pimms and lemonade. Not my normal drink, but on a sunny day like this, it's criminal not to have at least one. 

If it should all go pear shaped, I hold you personally responsible mashedonmud! :)

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Guess what? In a moment of madness I agreed to give my wife all the dope yesterday, and she's hidden it. Apparently she's only going to give it to me in small batches every night (the dope, that is!). However, all is not lost, because I've just found exactly enough for a long blue Rizzla  one'er. Oh happy days. Anyway, the thing is rolled now, and I'm going to take it out to the bottom of the garden and smoke it with a Pimms and lemonade. Not my normal drink, but on a sunny day like this, it's criminal not to have at least one. 

If it should all go pear shaped, I hold you personally responsible mashedonmud! :)

Guilty as charged. But let me assure you nothing goes pear shaped. Just a nice fuzzy edge to everything and everyone. Soft focus backy I like to call it.

1 hour ago, mashedonmud said:

Guilty as charged. But let me assure you nothing goes pear shaped. Just a nice fuzzy edge to everything and everyone. Soft focus backy I like to call it.

Just come in from the glorious sunshine. What a day. Anyway, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't light the joint. Not because of any mental tensions or anything. No, the reason why I couldn't light up is because the trainee copper (who is only one house away) is lolling about in her back garden with her kid. Her garden and the one to my right aren't very wide. Our garden is twice as wide because it's at the end of a row. Anyway, it all means that she isn't fantastically far away from where I intended to smoke. Now the one thing I do know about smoking, is that it's not a very good idea, if there's a copper around. I could smoke it and think 'fuck it', but eventually the 'FEAR' would creep in to my mind, and I'd have a bad experience. So, I'm just going to drink my way through the afternoon.

On the drink front, I have always wanted to get all the proper ingredients to make Long Island Iced Tea's with. With that in mind, I went shopping this morning and bought all the ingredients - vodka, white rum, gin, triple sec,  and tequila. I have even bought an alcohol based sour mixer. Oh and two bottles of Coca Cola. It all came to a pretty penny, and I haven't really got a lot of money to spare right now, but on a day like today, I just couldn't help myself. I've had a few glasses of Pimms already, but now it's time to go mental on the Long Island Iced Tea. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mashedonmud said:

I'd move home with neighbours like that. Oh how i dream of a free country.

Fear not -  I have had one Long Island Iced Tea, and a smoke. Like the true coward that I am, I've had to go inside the house for a smoke. The wife's OK about it though. She told me about 5 minutes ago, that she'd seen the pre- rolled joint, bent in my box of fags, and said you may as well smoke it, since it's such a nice day. I told her that I had intended to smoke it earlier, but that the trainee copper was in the garden, and I thought it wise not to. My wife's reaction was - fuck her, you have a smoke where you want to have a smoke! I chose up stairs in the house.

Fortunately the neighbour between me and the copper is also partial to a smoke . I know this because I got him stoned on the second time we met - I only moved to where I am now, last September, and our meetings have been few and far in between. I mean, the copper might be OK with it, but there's no point in finding out the hard way. I've only talked to her once, when I took a postal delivery for her. She seemed friendly enough. However, she has two or three little children, and might think that I'm a dirty drug pusher, who should be exterminated for even deigning to be in close proximity of her children. Apparently, she used to be a teacher. Got to be a fascist power thing going on there, I reckon. Maybe I should go and knock on her door, with a saucepan on my head, and tell her that 'there's no need to worry, because I'm in control'!

• Upvote 2

On 19/04/2018 at 1:56 AM, mjsell said:

Feels like it should be the build up to Christmas here. Days getting shorter, temperature dropping and yet not Christmas in sight... Very strange.

Spent 5 years in NZ, never did get used to the winters. Christmas in summer is great fun, winter with nothing to break it up was hard. And I was in the south so they could be brutal