Calling Out Stage

bottonrob

Confirmation on KC web that Calling Out will have more space (embedded at the tail of the news about new campsites). Think this is great news albeit 3 years too late! Now just need conf that they're moving it to beyond where Jaegerhaas (RIP)/ Cinema tents and move the Glow (also bigger) further up the hill. Small changes but would seriously help with the noise clashes!

More Thursday acts coming soon too, wonder if they'll open calling out on the Thursday for an alternative to hacienda. Has calling out been open on Thursdays previously?, if not I'm hoping for something decent in there over the weekend as the extra space has been needed for years....and given folks are saying that stage is disappointing this year, it makes me wonder why they'e chosen to expand that tent this time around

Just now, SloopJohnB said:

Sounds like they have increased numbers to me.....the new camping seems to introduce 3 seperate entrances....they must have increased numbers

Nope no increase this year ! 

But last time they did this kind of thing ................. it increased year after ! 

3 hours ago, jamj said:

More Thursday acts coming soon too, wonder if they'll open calling out on the Thursday for an alternative to hacienda. Has calling out been open on Thursdays previously?, if not I'm hoping for something decent in there over the weekend as the extra space has been needed for years....and given folks are saying that stage is disappointing this year, it makes me wonder why they'e chosen to expand that tent this time around

I don’t remember seeing the calling out tent ever open on Thursday.

A few years back the dance/glow tent was open as Craig Charles played in it on the Thursday.

Im confused.....are they saying that the tent itself will be bigger or they are moving it’s location or both.

If it’s both, maybe they are holding back a biggish announcement as what’s the point of making it bigger if it’s not packed ( apart from when baggy Monday’s is on ).

If there is a headliner in there still to be announced, it’s hopefully someone to Scream about.

14 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

has anyone seen a map anywhere to show where this new camping field is?

wouldn't mind knowing before I decide if I should buy or not. no point buying if its miles away from the coach drop off point

Think well 99% sure it’s where staff camping was round back of lake

10 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

has anyone seen a map anywhere to show where this new camping field is?

wouldn't mind knowing before I decide if I should buy or not. no point buying if its miles away from the coach drop off point

Why do you have to pay for it mate ? Serious question, I’m confused.

11 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Why do you have to pay for it mate ? Serious question, I’m confused.

it s a Emperors new clothes style field, the usual stuff perks you get with emperors but just the other side of the site from what I can gather. so im expecting emperors field prices to camp there

10 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

it s a Emperors new clothes style field, the usual stuff perks you get with emperors but just the other side of the site from what I can gather. so im expecting emperors field prices to camp there

It will be a lot easier for people using bus and drop off point with a similar set up the other side off the site . Plus I think it maybe slightly less into the arena depending on where you camped in emperor in previous years . 

49 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

It will be a lot easier for people using bus and drop off point with a similar set up the other side off the site . Plus I think it maybe slightly less into the arena depending on where you camped in emperor in previous years . 

Naff info if you watch the video on Twitter looks like they changed plans it appears that the new campsite is on the dirt road area upto emperor