Out with the old in with the new security

Dynamood

Ive been involved with Leeds Fest for many years and watched Leeds get dragged through the mud more than some punters in the mid 2000's up until about 3 years.

I wont say what my job was as i feel its irrelevant with what im about to say, after all the years of turning what used to be lets say lively festival most of the weekend which back then turn into full on violence and criminal damage with burning everything and gas canisters exploding this was a regular Sunday night at Leeds fest, this left security for many years of mixing with the festival goers and getting rid of integrant security mentality and getting mainly decent guys to work along side festival goers just letting there hair down, yes there was a few bad apples on both sides of course, but on a whole everyone did a great job turning Leeds back into something to look forward to and not worrying if they felt they needed to pack up Sunday morning to save their personals being robbed or set alight, while not getting a great wage for the conditions security and staff in general had to live like animals while living on site lets not forget the rubbish food, but still expected to keep smiling and put on a happy face, while getting people to behave and encourage people to have fun and not turn to violence.

Well guess what people the year i was planning to return after a break to get involved working again and keeping the positive approach going, ive found out today that they have got rid of the main security company not for service but to save money.

So all i can say people is try to keep going what you have and try not to let others turn it back to the violent mess it was up until 5 years or so ago.

Remember its not about the staff its about the money, its not about the fun its about the money, its not about your safety its about the money.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...