Secret sets 2018

jj200

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Franz is an odd choice. Surely not as the big secret set? They'd be 4th down main tops at this point surely?

YM@6 was the main secret set in 2016. Not saying it's likely but it could happen.

My bet is still either 1975 (new music and it's their favourite festival) or BMTH (due a new album and rumoured tour announcement set for the 26th of AAugust just after the fest).

For me I was hoping for a Foo’s secret set, considering it’s 10 years since that band playing the introducing stage got bottled for not actually being a foo’s secret set. But right now I’m leaning towards 1975 or BMTH for the obvious reasons of new music/tours to promote and being familiar with the festival.

49 minutes ago, Pinkerton101 said:

For me I was hoping for a Foo’s secret set, considering it’s 10 years since that band playing the introducing stage got bottled for not actually being a foo’s secret set. But right now I’m leaning towards 1975 or BMTH for the obvious reasons of new music/tours to promote and being familiar with the festival.

They could heavily hint that it's Foos and then have The FF's come out again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They could heavily hint that it's Foos and then have The FF's come out again.

i was watching on youtube about the chipmunk voice pop act who played in like 2000 or 2001, i'd love for them to come back just so they could get bottled honestly it would just be so good.

here it is: daphne and celeste 

• Downvote 3

I reckon blaenavon because they’re playing a dj set in the alternative tent, Rat Boy because they have new material coming out, as do the Sherlocks so they’re a possibility. I think that peace are a possibility as well as they played on the Reading and Leeds stage at Live at Leeds. Apparently N.E.R.D might be playing as well.

24 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Two names who play Reading a lot who are starting or finishing their tour so could potentially do a secret set are Gaslight Anthem and Frank Turner... anything to rule them out?

Gaslight Anthem could be an outside bet.

Frank Turner has played R+L loads and says he loves it so I wouldn't be surprised. But the many wouldn't he do the main stage? Could be a good shout.

Main Stage is going to be N.E.R.D and the Pit is Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes. For the NME slot I'd say either The 1975, Bring Me The Horizon, Twenty One Pilots or Vampire Weekend. Catfish would be cutting it tight to make both Leeds and Summer Sessions in Glasgow. Considering the size of the bands who've played the NME slots in the past (Green Day, Foals, QOTSA), I guess it'll be someone fairly big.

16 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Main Stage is going to be N.E.R.D and the Pit is Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes. For the NME slot I'd say either The 1975, Bring Me The Horizon, Twenty One Pilots or Vampire Weekend. Catfish would be cutting it tight to make both Leeds and Summer Sessions in Glasgow. Considering the size of the bands who've played the NME slots in the past (Green Day, Foals, QOTSA), I guess it'll be someone fairly big.

I would love to see Vampire Weekend, they are free to and may be in the UK for EOTR. That would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, thisisthesam said:

Where's the best place to check on the day? I love a secret set.

Managed to catch Foals a few year back and they were banging.

Here and the app drops it with about 30 minute notice. I had some geordies sprint passed my tent last yearshouting QOTSA when they were on so that helped too.