A few questions for first time

whichsandwich

Hi all,

Will be my first festival. Just wondering about a few times:

• If you had to list the MOST essential items to bring, what would they be?
  • How easy is it to get weed inside?
  • How thoroughly are bags searched?
  • Would you recommend getting the Early Bird Pass and getting there a day before (eg. Thursday morning?), or is it essential to go on the Wednesday?

Thanks.

It's kind of tailored to how you are as a person, if you're not particularly fond of getting a little groggy then make sure you bring dry shampoo and a shit tonne of baby wipes. As per essentials, you're gonna need a tent, a sleeping bag, plenty of clothes (heavy on the socks), a camping chair, a suitable amount of money to go get your stuff from Tesco (don't recommend bringing in all your crates of beer etc when you come in or the walk will be horrific), a torch, a lighter, toothbrush/toothpaste and depending on the weather at the time, wellies can be a necessity.

Unless you get pretty unlucky, very.

2017 was my 5th year and was the first time my bag was searched, and it was proper thorough in fairness. Other four years I've literally been able to just walk through but must have had something dodgy about me this year as they went through everything.

• Would you recommend getting the Early Bird Pass and getting there a day before (eg. Thursday morning?), or is it essential to go on the Wednesday?

I think it's worth it for the extra £15, it guarantees you a good camping spot so you can easily get to/from the arena to have more drinks etc. Also gives you a chance to meet the people around you straight away and have a laugh on the first night. It's not essential but it'd certainly make the rest of the weekend easier.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2018 at 7:24 PM, whichsandwich said:

Hi all,

Will be my first festival. Just wondering about a few times:

Thanks.

1. Biscuits! 

2. Very, unless you're really stupid/obvious about it (last year one guy was talking about hiding his grinder... right at the end of the queue!)

3. Varies - if you look suspicious, they'll probably search you - most of the time they don't care though. They're more interested in things like glass bottles, or booze on U18s tbh.

4. I always go early bird, it's easier to find somewhere to camp (fields are basically empty), and you can get hammered Wednesday night and be hungover Thursday without missing anything ;).