alan_ts

29/8 - 2/9 Treviso, Italy.

Announcement today at 12.00.

A game on social media suggests:

Alt-j

White Lies

Wombats

Django Django.

Every year there were some problems (organization, wheater) but maybe this year I'll give it a chance since it's close to my home.

5 minutes ago, activean said:

Nice start with the lineup :)

Thinking of going, how much will the daily tickets be? How big is the festival actually? 

Heard about some cancellations last year ..

It's quite cheap, around 35€ per day I think.

Don't know exactly how many people but it's a mid size festival.

Cancellations last year were because of some storms, the previous years there were other problems with toilets, queues, parking but I've only read about this.

• 2 weeks later...

I went for one day last year, and there were major weather problems (not their fault obviously), so was partly cancelled (just the day after the one i went).

Camping is quite limited, but the stages are nice. For 40€ i got Moderat (one of their last shows), Duran Duran, Soulwax and Bloody Beetrots.

They use a stupid dayily token system, and the food/drinks were quite expensive,  without much choice (only beer was heineken for 6€/33 bottle), but there's free tap water.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, giacomo said:

...and Nic Cester! Great additions for me, will go for sure at least the first 2 days

Sadly -like every year- I'm on business travel and I can't go...and I live about an hour driving from Treviso :(

Edited by alan_ts

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, activean said:

Not bad, thinking of going for the first time. 

Who or what is xxxxx? Some Ita. band or is it one more headliner to be added there? 

12 hours ago, giacomo said:

I'm pretty sure it's the second one 

It's on Family Sunday, have a look to the previous edition, it's an italian band imo. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm going for days 1 and 2.

Last year organization was a little meh, but they also had to face very very bad and unexpected weather conditions, so it's partly exused.

I don't like their stupid token system for payments, it's a real pain in the ass, and beverage cost/quality ratio il very low (very limited choices too, basically heineken and Aperol spritz, plus some bad cocktails). Food is italian, so no problem for that (at least for me).

Music-wise i enjoyed it very much, great artist value for money, and the various stages (i think there were 2 big tents plus the main stage) didn't cover each other's music, and the sound quality was good. Time slots were also nicely organized, so i was able to see everyone on my list without any clash.

If you need further info just ask :D

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just came home from the festival, I've been there for Day 1 and Day 2. Good experience in general, festival with potential to be even better.  

There are some things way better than expected but some minuses as well, overall solid festival to go for a few days if you are near or passing by or if you find a cheap line to Treviso airport which is literally next to the festival. Probably i'll be back someday, mostly depends on the lineup. 

+ Production. One big stage, two big tents. The hole festival area is beautiful and decorated.

+ Many things to do beside music. Surfing, barber shop, test drive with Jeep & stuff like that.

+ Good ticket prices

+ No clashes at all, running order was top. 

+ Festival workers (except security guards at the entrance, like everywhere i guess) all very kind, fast food and drink service. 

+ Solid food choice and good food.

Neutral:  Mostly Italians, didn't heard any other languages. Nothing wrong with that and not a single bad experience, only i was missing that international vibe.

Neutral: Italian police is not a joke, two days there, twice got stopped by them and have to do an alcohol test. There were plenty of police officers at the parking exit and you needed to be quite lucky so they did not stop you. Saw a lot of complaining and swearing there from visitor but since i don't support alcohol and driving at the time time I'll put it under neutral.

- PR only in Italian language. I wrote them a massage and they answered me back in Italian. Poor and not updated webpage. 

-Organization. Generally not bad but there are still problems. The first day it took me a while to find parking lot near festival, and than the next day, they just canceled that parking near the festival and announced it only in Italian on their FB page, nothing on their web page. So we need the take shuttle bus from free parking lot more far away (and pay for that parking, so not free anymore). And i just saw Eric Prydz was canceled, that is going to cause many complaints again.

-Token paying system. 

Day1: Nic cester & The Milano elettrica- Django Django- Sem & stenn (?) White lies- The Wombats- Alt-J. 

Day2: Mellod mood - Universal sex arena- Incubus (heavy rain) - Paolo Baldini dub - Prodigy

Much thanks for @giacomo for giving me all the information's before the festival!

Edited by activean

8 minutes ago, activean said:

Neutral: Italian police is not a joke, two days there, twice got stopped by them and have to do an alcohol test.

Veneto is the region where every single person from young kids to elder people drink alcohol...that's why they put many alcol test blocks on the streets.

10 minutes ago, activean said:

Neutral:  Mostly Italians, didn't heard any other languages. Nothing wrong with that and not a single bad experience, only i was missing that international vibe.

this festival is growing fast, in the last two years they put some bad ass mixed lineup...let's wait and hope to have a better international vibe

11 minutes ago, activean said:

- PR only in Italian language. I wrote them a massage and they answered me back in Italian. Poor and not updated webpage. 

-Organization. Generally not bad but there are still problems. The first day it took me a while to find parking lot near festival, and than the next day, they just canceled that parking near the festival and announced it only in Italian on their FB page, nothing on their web page. So we need the take shuttle bus from free parking lot more far away (and pay for that parking, so not free anymore). And i just saw Eric Prydz was canceled, that is going to cause many complaints again.

it's a problem of festivals in general in italy...we are very fare from germany, belgium and so on..

• Upvote 1

On 9/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, activean said:
On 9/1/2018 at 4:52 PM, -lele- said:

Veneto is the region where every single person from young kids to elder people drink alcohol...that's why they put many alcol test blocks on the streets.

Neutral: Italian police is not a joke, two days there, twice got stopped by them and have to do an alcohol test.

It's a problem of all north east of Italy...everyone here lost his driving license at least once :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, alan_ts said:

It's a problem of all north east of Italy...everyone here lost his driving license at least once :)

????????????   I think it's an italian problem, we should increase the means of transport until you no longer use cars (as in England)

Edited by Fabrizzo
  • Upvote 1

Festival is over and organizers release attendance numbers, and they are downgrade compared to last year and a year before. 23k on that day zero (free entrance), 12k day one, 16k day 2, 15k on Saturday and 13k on last day- family day. 

And they make statement about next year (Once again only in Italian), so there will be new date and if i get it right there will be two events Treviso in June and Venice in July? Or are they just moving festival to Venice ?  Can some one translate and sum up please? - Link

"There Is No Place Like Venezia 
Music & Culture 
Festival
Stay tuned and see you soon."

wow

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, activean said:

Festival is over and organizers release attendance numbers, and they are downgrade compared to last year and a year before. 23k on that day zero (free entrance), 12k day one, 16k day 2, 15k on Saturday and 13k on last day- family day. 

And they make statement about next year (Once again only in Italian), so there will be new date and if i get it right there will be two events Treviso in June and Venice in July? Or are they just moving festival to Venice ?  Can some one translate and sum up please? - Link

"There Is No Place Like Venezia 
Music & Culture 
Festival
Stay tuned and see you soon."

wow

Seems that they'll  do 2 festivals! one in June in Treviso and one in July in a beautiful  Venice park ... wow!

i've just read some articles on the italian online newspapers..

there will be two festivals for the 10th anniversary, and the usual one in Treviso will change dates..so:

Home Festival - ex Dogana, Treviso  7-9 June 2019

Home Festival - Parco San Giuliano, Mestre (Venezia)  12-14 July 2019

Edited by -lele-