Hardwick Live 2018

Mr_Grump

Would guess there is not another headliner, but don't hold me to this.  Way it works tends to be a bigger act on the first day (Madness last year, Kaiser's this year), with a few supporting bands, and a more varied bill on the second day.  Looks like the Mondays are headlining that day.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/14/2018 at 1:30 PM, Curlygirl said:

I'm quite looking forward to this one. I live local but opted for  camping. I spoke to one of the organisers, he said if there were quite a few turning up on Friday, he will try to put some entertainment on in the Hall itself.

Hi, we are considering this festival with the kids for later this year.  What did you think of the festival and is the camping situated close to the arena?  Many kids around as ours range from 6 - 13 and want to make sure we pick a family friendly festival.   They have done Y Not and Beautiful Days in the past so are already festival friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 10:37 AM, lazzareo said:

Hi, we are considering this festival with the kids for later this year.  What did you think of the festival and is the camping situated close to the arena?  Many kids around as ours range from 6 - 13 and want to make sure we pick a family friendly festival.   They have done Y Not and Beautiful Days in the past so are already festival friendly.

Honestly, the only way I would go back is if I got free tickets.Hardwick Live wins the worst organised festival award.

The camping is a short walk from the arena, unless the stewards don't know which entrance you're meant to use and send you all around the outside of the estate.The queues for anyone to get in were horrendous and most people missed the first acts. There are showers in the campsite which were lovely... But the drinking water comes in cubes and it soon ran out.

My mate had her 9 year old daughter. She got so bored she went home on the first day. They do a wristband so the little ones can go on the rides all day, but be warned that the wristband only allows them on the baby rides.I didn't see heaps of kids so I can't really comment if it was child friendly, but the majority of party goers were ok.

I wouldn't class this as in the same league as BD, Ynot, Kendall etc, those are real festivals. This is the little sister. The bands were good tho.

10 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Honestly, the only way I would go back is if I got free tickets.Hardwick Live wins the worst organised festival award.

The camping is a short walk from the arena, unless the stewards don't know which entrance you're meant to use and send you all around the outside of the estate.The queues for anyone to get in were horrendous and most people missed the first acts. There are showers in the campsite which were lovely... But the drinking water comes in cubes and it soon ran out.

My mate had her 9 year old daughter. She got so bored she went home on the first day. They do a wristband so the little ones can go on the rides all day, but be warned that the wristband only allows them on the baby rides.I didn't see heaps of kids so I can't really comment if it was child friendly, but the majority of party goers were ok.

I wouldn't class this as in the same league as BD, Ynot, Kendall etc, those are real festivals. This is the little sister. The bands were good tho.

Thanks so much for taking time to post this as I had my reservations and I feel like you've addressed them all so will be giving this one a miss.

14 hours ago, lazzareo said:

Thanks so much for taking time to post this as I had my reservations and I feel like you've addressed them all so will be giving this one a miss.

You're welcome. I go to a canny few festivals and have never been this disappointed in a festival before. It's more of a gig day with your mates than real festival vibe. There's much better out there.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, Curlygirl said:

15 hours ago, lazzareo said:

I went to Hardwick Live too and, yeah it was a bit rubbishy with little on for kids other than fairground stuff. If you're in the North of England why not give Deer Shed a go. We've been every year since Deer Shed 2 and our 6 year old daughter loves it!

• Like 1