TRNSMT Lineup 2019

We finally know all our 2018 headliners, who does everyone think will perform next year?

My early predictions are if there are three headliners: 

- Green Day - With the band not doing many UK festivals the past few years 2019 could be the year they do, potential new album and could see them do RandL and TRNSMT.

- Muse - Feel this is most feasible, like Arctic Monkeys, European dates and festivals with a UK tour, surely Muse will be there.

- Gorillaz - Won a BRIT, seems like they would suit the festival, maybe not obvious but the booking they would make if they keep the older act demographic. Not many UK festivals this year, feel they could headline next year.

If they stick with five the other two could be:

- Royal Blood - Up and coming band, no festivals planned in the UK this year, feel they will definitely do RandL next year with TRNSMT potentially. 

- Noel Gallagher ATHFB - Like Liam this year, I feel he could do a day and be that weaker headliner compared to the rest with a strong undercard. Feels like the type of booking.

One that could headline:

- Queens of the Stone Age - Don't know if they will do anything next year but not doing a main festival could lead them to headline TRNSMT, would be good but its doubtful.

Who does everyone think could headline next year?

Thanks,

RTDB

I think they'll go back to 3 days, seems much less hassle and obviously easier to book. 

If they never booked Royal Blood or Noel Gallagher this year I don't see them booking them next year when they're less likely to be on tour and it's been even longer since their albums were released. I agree with you on QOTSA, they'd be my ideal booking but don't see it happening. 

I agree on Muse though, reckon them and The 1975 seem like obvious shouts and I'll go for Florence + the Machine as the third.

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Oh, and Biffy could be booked again. Possibly wouldn't have them back so soon considering there'll likely be plenty of other options, but it's certainly feasible.

I thought Biffy considering there two albums this year but do not think they would have them back that soon, potentially 2020, it certainly could happen and would be a great set.

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I think they'll go back to 3 days, seems much less hassle and obviously easier to book. 

If they never booked Royal Blood or Noel Gallagher this year I don't see them booking them next year when they're less likely to be on tour and it's been even longer since their albums were released. I agree with you on QOTSA, they'd be my ideal booking but don't see it happening. 

I agree on Muse though, reckon them and The 1975 seem like obvious shouts and I'll go for Florence + the Machine as the third.

The 1975 seem an option but can see them doing RandL with a tour but like Kings of Leon would be something that could happen after their RandL headline slot this year.

7 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Wet Wet Wet with Marti Pellow, true Scottish music 

Wet Wet Wet, Marti Pellow and Biffy Clyro. With the Disclaimers, Twin Atlantic. Just hope they out it three days on a weekend together with stronger headliners that are different not replicating T's faults. To be fair the Disclaimers singing 500 Miles would go down great. 

23 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

DF have no problem getting people back soon after the last time, so Biffy Clyro are a pretty decent possibility. Depending on when the Muse tour is, they could be a headliner. Snow Patrol are a dead cert for some sort of big spot.

Love Biffy but would rather see them have the breather.

Snow Patrol are a lock to headline in Scotland I think; it'll be otherwise medium-sized headline slots and a sub at IOW, I'd reckon across the rest of the country. Expect that whatever they announce in the next few days will be arena level - but unless their album exceeds expectations, think too long has gone for any major momentum behind them.

If he brings UK shows next year, Paul McCartney could be a feasible shout for this, one would think.

Given that Royal Blood seem to have been shafted on the UK circuit this year, I'd wager them - but again, unsure exactly if they'll have dropped off again by next year.

It's hard predicting which new(ish) acts will still carry the clout in sixteen months, weirdly.

This year's line up shows they want guaranteed ticket shifters on fairly safe ground - so it would be difficult to see them taking a gamble on someone like Royal Blood (particularly when by then they'll be punting two-year-old material).  They don't have the same scope for booking say two strong headliners and a weaker one (that proper weekend festivals can) as most people will pick and choose which day they go to.

The 1975 are maybe more likely, but they'd probably want to see how strongly they come back first, so depends on the timing of their album and tour.

Noel Gallagher, off the back of well-publicised new material, is doing Electric Fields and any number of small appearances this summer, can't anyone relying on him to shift tens of thousands of tickets for an event in 2019.

Looks like late 2018 for The 1975 which is, of course, a prime time for summer festivals in 2019.

Noel Gallagher is a good one to have when he's just starting a tour, but he tends to throw himself in everyone's faces a bit. Did two arena tours on the last album, as well as loads of festivals which was total overkill. I'd suspect he'd have been decent for this year's TRNSMT. Next year will be too late I reckon.

Edited by DomDom1984

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was at that, but 16 years later the best bits of the setlist would be largely the same tunes.

I'd disagree. Love a lot of stuff from what came after Is This It. And it wasn't exactly prime cuts from Room on Fire that they were playing at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 12:04 PM, Chiefski said:

Snow Patrol / Paolo Nutini

Muse

Kings of Leon

If they have a second weekend, split SP and PN over two days and probably throw in Mumford and Sons and Florence and the Machine for the other two headliners

i'm not sure about mumfords and sons because there's no news of a new album