Rolling Stones 2018 support act speculation

slash's hat

Judging by the bands doing the rounds this summer ...all the below in with a shout :

Feeder | Ash | Blackstone Cherry | Gaslight Anthem | Stereophonics | Manics | James Bay | The Script | Wolf Alice | Editors | Interpol | Blossoms | Miles Kane | The Darkness

It's hard to tell with The Stones - The Hyde Park gig had Vaccines and Temper Trap a few years back 

Would love it if they pulled a biggie out of the bag such as Liam Gallagher or Kasabian 

2 hours ago, countingcrow said:

Judging by the bands doing the rounds this summer ...all the below in with a shout :

Feeder | Ash | Blackstone Cherry | Gaslight Anthem | Stereophonics | Manics | James Bay | The Script | Wolf Alice | Editors | Interpol | Blossoms | Miles Kane | The Darkness

It's hard to tell with The Stones - The Hyde Park gig had Vaccines and Temper Trap a few years back 

Would love it if they pulled a biggie out of the bag such as Liam Gallagher or Kasabian 

I'd be happy with a few of those, though I must say I'm a little bit apprehensive. Some quality there, but expecting a weak link to shore up the Stones.

On 3/6/2018 at 8:03 PM, Wooderson said:

Glasvegas.

I caught 15 minutes of them at Bearded Theory last year, absolutely dreadful.

I get this is your point by the way, just thought I'd add my bit.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last tour the only announced the support a week before the shows.

I'd put my money on Rival Sons being the support on the latest tour, at least the UK leg.

They did a couple of gigs with The Stones last year and their European tour dates look to be around the dates the Stones are playing.

I've never heard them but they toured with Sabbath and I think they're doing some dates with Guns and Roses

5 hours ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

Didn't Primal Scream play just before The Stones at Glastonbury?

Aye and also at Twickenham a while back. There may also be others. Bob was in a particularly foul mood at Twickenham due to the empty seats and complete lack of interest.

On 03/04/2018 at 11:51 AM, Guy Honeymoon said:

Last tour the only announced the support a week before the shows.

I'd put my money on Rival Sons being the support on the latest tour, at least the UK leg.

They did a couple of gigs with The Stones last year and their European tour dates look to be around the dates the Stones are playing.

I've never heard them but they toured with Sabbath and I think they're doing some dates with Guns and Roses

Will look them up just in case, cheers. Only know a few primal scream tracks but be happy with that, as long as doesn't start whinging!

I would happily take The Specials for London as well.

Does anyone have their tickets yet? I've got my Roger Waters one and that was also bought through Axs. They don''t appear to have a ticket tracker on their site (that I can find).

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the email:

The Rolling Stones have just announced the world-class acts who will be supporting them on the upcoming UK leg of their No Filter tour!

22 May – LONDON – Liam Gallagher

25 May – LONDON – Florence + the Machine

29 May – SOUTHAMPTON –  The Vaccines

02 Jun – COVENTRY – The Specials

05 Jun – MANCHESTER – Richard Ashcroft

09 Jun – EDINBURGH – Richard Ashcroft

15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow

19 Jun – TWICKENHAM – James Bay

4 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Just seen the email:

The Rolling Stones have just announced the world-class acts who will be supporting them on the upcoming UK leg of their No Filter tour!

22 May – LONDON – Liam Gallagher

25 May – LONDON – Florence + the Machine

29 May – SOUTHAMPTON –  The Vaccines

02 Jun – COVENTRY – The Specials

05 Jun – MANCHESTER – Richard Ashcroft

09 Jun – EDINBURGH – Richard Ashcroft

15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow

19 Jun – TWICKENHAM – James Bay

I'm well chuffed with elbow. Watching their set on TV was the moment I was "I have got to get to Glastonbury". I'd never even heard of them, and wouldn't say I'm a fan now as only have one album, but would be great to see them live - missed them at glasto last year.

3 hours ago, slash's hat said:

I'm well chuffed with elbow. Watching their set on TV was the moment I was "I have got to get to Glastonbury". I'd never even heard of them, and wouldn't say I'm a fan now as only have one album, but would be great to see them live - missed them at glasto last year.

I think I've missed Elbow at least three times at Glastonbury because of working and clashes. I only really know The Seldom Seen Kid but it's a great album.

We've got Liam Gallagher. Chuffed is not a word I am using. I would have been chuffed with The Specials.