Newbie - Camping Plus Option

Jamieb1973

Hi All

Thinking of coming down from Leeds for this as my son is a huge fan of London Grammar

Question to anyone who has been before - is the Camping plus option really worth it - I know its a preassigned pitch,  but it seems a large amount for that

We would be coming down Thurs evening and the only reason I am even thinking about this is the fact my wife is not a camper at all - and this will be her first festival

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Jamieb1973 said:

Hi All

Thinking of coming down from Leeds for this as my son is a huge fan of London Grammar

Question to anyone who has been before - is the Camping plus option really worth it - I know its a preassigned pitch,  but it seems a large amount for that

We would be coming down Thurs evening and the only reason I am even thinking about this is the fact my wife is not a camper at all - and this will be her first festival

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Stewarded that area last year:

Plus points:

Close to the entrances so not far to lug your stuff

Good shower and toilet facilities

As you have a designated pitch you can rock up whenever you want and not have to worry about getting a spot

There was a Paellaria right by this campsite

It's right by The Temple

Negative points:

It's right by The Temple (no early nights)

It's right up the top of the site, so probably the windiest point imaginable. Last year was ridiculous, but hopefully in August it won't be so bad

It's the furthest campsite from the main stage and from the public transport pick-up on a Monday

I couldn't say whether it was worth he extra money, because I've never paid for an upgrade at a festival. But most of the punters seemed happy enough. I think the water went off for a bit on Friday morning, but it was quickly resolved.

• 1 month later...

Hey Jamie! If you're worried about not getting a spot, my friend has a campsite inside the festival, where you get your spot AND a tent from like £30 - though by the sounds of it you might want a 3-man tent, which is more like £100.

He's called Kieran and he runs Camplight, and would probably have a quieter area within that camp or a family section - hope that might help :)