The Downs 2018

JayBeeis

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Cracking lineup. What's the deal with the second stage, does the headliner clash? 

Last year I think an act from the second stage did clash with the headliner (Roni Size clashed with Elbow). But it was Groove Armada who were heading the 2nd stage. Groove Armada played the set before 

Yeah there was definitely a bit of overlap with the headliners last year. I can see that continuing this year as well. Hopefully the second stage area will be a bit bigger again.

BTW, for both Massive Attack and Elbow at the Downs, it's been absolutely no problem getting a ticket off a tout outside for less than face value...

2 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Last year I think an act from the second stage did clash with the headliner (Roni Size clashed with Elbow). But it was Groove Armada who were heading the 2nd stage. Groove Armada played the set before 

Noice, Orbital on the yer da stage whilst Weller is on would be ideal 

1 hour ago, The Clearest Blue said:

A little disappointed as I was hoping there would be something on the line up that I would be excited about, I'm seeing Noel at Tramlines so I wont be in a hurry to grab a ticket for this.

Hate when that kind of thing happens! It's lucky on my end as none of the acts at the Downs are doing any of my other fests this year... So far! 

2 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Hate when that kind of thing happens! It's lucky on my end as none of the acts at the Downs are doing any of my other fests this year... So far! 

Yeah it’s annoying, but I’m not a huge Noel fan anyway, wouldn’t mind seeing Weller though, reckon it’s going to be £50 again?

2 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Yeah it’s annoying, but I’m not a huge Noel fan anyway, wouldn’t mind seeing Weller though, reckon it’s going to be £50 again?

Yeah I think it will be about £50, but I'm only guessing 

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, jackarmy said:

BTW, for both Massive Attack and Elbow at the Downs, it's been absolutely no problem getting a ticket off a tout outside for less than face value...

The first one did sell out pretty quickly, but obviously on the day it hammered down with rain for much of the afternoon and evening.

Not sure if last year sold out or not, didn't have the huge draw of Massive Attack, but they had sorted out most of the logistical issues from the first one .

Some great acts further down the line up imho.

• 5 months later...
On 8/31/2018 at 10:38 AM, RossTC said:

Yes and Steve Craddock! 

Town called malice and All you need is love. What a treat that was! 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:04 PM, jackarmy said:

Heading down to this tomorrow, hoping to pick up off a tout for below face value. If anyone knows of any going cheap let me know...

I noticed loads where going on the cheap through FB. Manage to pick one up for a good price? 

Just now, SCG95 said:

Town called malice and All you need is love. What a treat that was! 

I noticed loads where going on the cheap through FB. Manage to pick one up for a good price? 

Managed to bag 4 for me and my mates for £120 off a tout on the Downs. Another great concert, I'll be back again next year pending a decent lineup!

3 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Managed to bag 4 for me and my mates for £120 off a tout on the Downs. Another great concert, I'll be back again next year pending a decent lineup!

Absolute steal! It was a great day - Weller and NG both on fine form. Will definitely keep an eye out for next years.