O Son do Camiño 2018

dan08

16 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Wait, the whole festival is 39 Euros? Am I reading something wrong?

It's special early price birds. From Facebook:

It’s a pleasure for us to finally announce O Son do Camiño! From the 28th to the 30th of June, a new festival will take place at Monte do Gozo in Santiago de Compostela, as prelude for the new Xacobeo 2021 and spread the Camino de Santiago around the world. Sponsored by Xunta de Galicia and in partnership with Estrella Galicia, it will feature key international artists along with a nice selection of Galician and Spanish bands that will perform in its two stages throughout these 3 days, and we list them below for you.

34 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Looks like it. I only plan to go to 1 day (should I get a ticket) but it will still easily be worth 39 euros.

Edited by dan08

11 hours ago, with_tired_eyes said:

This is a festival almost totally subsidized with public money. It is one of the events organized in order to promote the Xacobeo year 2021.

Santiago de Compostela is an amazing city. I recommend visiting it and enjoying the local gastronomy.

Their ticketing system was the worst today. Their first poster had a quite good lineup for 39 Euros 3-day pass that they were saying in the announcement. They said the price will be between 39-59 Euros and then they increased the price up to 89 Euros+fees without announcing it before and now it is sold out. TicketEA's system was quite hard to log in as well. They put everyone in a random queue whether they log in on 10:00 or 10:10. Now all of their social media is full of complaints. Also they don't post anything in English

They reply in English if you have any queries.

I got a ticket for €59 which I think is still pretty good value even though i'll probably just go for 1 day. There are 1 day tickets to be sold in the future but I didn't want to take any chances as their ticketing system is pretty poor and very confusing too. At the moment, we don't know who's performing on which day or how much a 1 day ticket is.

For those who consider going, loves to hike and have time before the festival,  I  recommend going for the Camino Santiago de Compostela.  its such a great experience and I wish they had a festival back when I walked the portugese way. There are plenty of routes to do that in various length and difficulties. 

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Full line up and schedule announced. The Killers and Franz Ferdinand on 28th. Jamiroquai and Two Door Cinema Club on 29th. Lenny Kravitz and Martin Garrix on 30th.

Some tickets for each day will be released next week but don't think there's many available.

DafE8bTW0AEXYS2.jpg