Site Visit 23/2/18

kalifire

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I will not cease from mental fight
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem (again)
In England's green and pleasant land (next summer)

I was thinking

or anything by Mud :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Why do they bother taking the pyramid stage down if they're already putting it back up in February the year before?

If you’re not trolling.. the pyramid frame is permanent and has been there since 2000 ish (?). It’s covered with canvas for the festival. 

9 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

the pyramid frame is permanent and has been there since 2000 ish (?)

Not quite correct. It's actually physically and legally a "temporary structure".

The physical part means it can be taken down fairly easily (as it was designed to do), and because it can be taken down that means it doesn't need planning permission.

Since it was built I think it's only been taken down once, over one of the fallow years when the council insisted the temporary part was implemented.

Thanks for the pics. Had some fellow festival fans at ours for the weekend and we spent much of the weekend reminiscing! Looks great and looks like you had perfect weather. Fingers crossed for tickets day and may the ticket Gods smile on you for posting!

Didn't see any cows, there were only sheep on Sat and Sun when we ran through and down the railway  track. They have put some 4 foot drainage along the boundary directly at the east end of the railway track. there is also some 3 foot going along the side of the railway in the comman / Shagri la areas. serious size drainage. Cockmills lane is being closed for 3 weeks soon, might be cutting it into the mains like last time.

Will run on the farm again this weekend, will see what else is occurring.

• Upvote 2

On 25/02/2018 at 7:30 AM, eFestivals said:

Not quite correct. It's actually physically and legally a "temporary structure".

The physical part means it can be taken down fairly easily (as it was designed to do), and because it can be taken down that means it doesn't need planning permission.

Since it was built I think it's only been taken down once, over one of the fallow years when the council insisted the temporary part was implemented.

I don’t recall it being taken down since this incarnation, but I am probably wrong. 

I hope everyone is well is the efests fallow year, I haven’t been here much. 

Im boomtowning for the first time this year if there’s an efests meet in the pipeline 

Cheers 

14 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I don’t recall it being taken down since this incarnation, but I am probably wrong. 

I hope everyone is well is the efests fallow year, I haven’t been here much. 

Im boomtowning for the first time this year if there’s an efests meet in the pipeline 

Cheers 

It came down once (at the Council's insistence) at a cost of over £30,000 and then a similar amount to put it back up again the next year.