RIZE Festival (Hylands Park, Chelmsford)

AndrewSmith

Hi folks. I saw this festival shared and promoted on Radio X Facebook page yesterday and I haven’t seen it shared on any other radio station Facebook page. Radio X is known for playing Rock and Indie music so this makes me think that perhaps this new festival will primarily have an Rock and Indie vibe to it like V Festival did when it first started back in 1996. Let’s hope so! We will have to wait and see what Monday brings.... :)

https://m.facebook.com/RadioX/posts/10160195221540604

Edited by Rachel Jeannie

49 minutes ago, Rachel Jeannie said:

Hi folks. I saw this festival shared and promoted on Radio X Facebook page yesterday and I haven’t seen it shared on any other radio station Facebook page. Radio X is known for playing Rock and Indie music so this makes me think that perhaps this new festival will primarily have an Rock and Indie vibe to it like V Festival did when it first started back in 1996. Let’s hope so! We will have to wait and see what Monday brings.... :)

https://m.facebook.com/RadioX/posts/10160195221540604

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the discussions. Thanks for bringing that up and sharing, I believe that does give more back up it will go back to what occurred in 1996 but we will find out Monday. I hope so we need a proper rock and indie festival that RandL have left behind. Hopefully it is but who knows...

Not that it means much, but the branding is very strange. It looks more like something Butlins would put on with Rick Astley and Midge Ure headlining, rather than Eminem. I can't imagine Foo Fighters or Arctic Monkeys underneath that logo. And the photo does look far more family friendly than, say, Download.

Based off the branding so far, it has to be pop-y so I'd say Florence, Kylie, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce + Jay-Z are all in contention.

Also, RiZE? What a dreadful name for a festival

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Not that it means much, but the branding is very strange. It looks more like something Butlins would put on with Rick Astley and Midge Ure headlining, rather than Eminem. I can't imagine Foo Fighters or Arctic Monkeys underneath that logo. And the photo does look far more family friendly than, say, Download.

Based off the branding so far, it has to be pop-y so I'd say Florence, Kylie, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce + Jay-Z are all in contention.

Also, RiZE? What a dreadful name for a festival

Depends how you are pronouncing it though :lol:

Like Rachel said, why would Radio X share should it not be more Indie/Rock? They didn't share RandL of whom has more relevant music than most other festivals, even TRNSMT who has the most correlation since the station plays Killers, AM, Stereophonics commonly while having interviews with Mr Gallagher frequently. It shouldn't be a defining factor but the fact they shared it does point to a potential more 'Radio X Lineup' with Indie/Rock.

17 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Like Rachel said, why would Radio X share should it not be more Indie/Rock? They didn't share RandL of whom has more relevant music than most other festivals, even TRNSMT who has the most correlation since the station plays Killers, AM, Stereophonics commonly while having interviews with Mr Gallagher frequently. It shouldn't be a defining factor but the fact they shared it does point to a potential more 'Radio X Lineup' with Indie/Rock.

Why would they know what the lineup is yet though?

15 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Don't think they'd headline. Guess it depends on whether the lineups are as big as V's were.

They can't be that much smaller than Florence at this point. They've sold out their arena tour (including 2 nights at the O2)... Maybe a coheadliner if they're gonna adopt that kinda model?

19 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

https://m.facebook.com/RadioX/posts/10158413113030604

I think they’re just doing the festival news without any inside track on the lineup, personally.

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Why would they know what the lineup is yet though?

They can't be that much smaller than Florence at this point. They've sold out their arena tour (including 2 nights at the O2)... Maybe a coheadliner if they're gonna adopt that kinda model?

They definitely are smaller. Florence and the Machine are practically a household name as they’ve been all around British music for the last decade. Imagine Dragons haven’t really had that much prominence and if they were billed high even somewhere like Glastonbury, I think - on name recognition - they’d be new to a lot of people.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

:lol: ... there's only one act I'm just about certain is playing. 

Oh please don't tell me it was mentioned in the comment you quoted. I was really hoping for something to rescue the rock scene for British festivals this year with a massive exclusive!