2018 Reccomendations

Steve1000

Aight this thread was useful as fuck last year so we need another one. So I'll kick things off:

La Dispute- quality emo/ post hardcore band who I think hip hop fans might be able to get something out of oddly enough

HMLTD - Not exactly sure how to describe them apart from a good rock band that you should listen to.

They're the only ones on here that I like and are obscure enough to make the thread. So who does everyone else recommend?

Edited by Steve1000

La Dispute - Wildlife is one of the best Post Hardcore albums released this decade and they're a great band. Not sure if I agree with the statement that Hip Hop fans will like them though but they're worth a listen anyway

Trophy Eyes - Decent Pop Punk band with elements of Hardcore and Emo. I really liked their previous album but the new single was pretty bad though. I'm still hopeful that their album will be decent though

• Upvote 1

Again most of my favourites have been mentioned but a couple more:

One of my favourite albums of last year + a great 2015 album too, Nothing But Thieves are one of my most anticipated acts at the moment.

If you like Underground rap, trap, etc. like me then you'll like Ski Mask The Slump God. I love his flow, his jokey lyrics, everything:

On 23/02/2018 at 3:53 PM, Vik Vinegar said:

Creeper

The Front Bottoms

Trophy Eyes

Kendrick

Yes to everything here! They somehow managed to rescue this line-up, so us lot are seriously thinking about it again, despite already doing Slam Dunk, Download and Kendal Calling (my wallet hates me so much haha). Anyways;

Milk Teeth. British punk rock. Love this band, they've got an album out and a couple of ep's worth checking out. 

Underoath. The vid for this is kinda quiet so turn it up, but Post-Hardcore/Metalcore act from Florida. Arguably one of the most important acts on shaping what the scene has gone on to do since their breakthrough album, They're Only Chasing Safety, and the follow up Define the Great Line. They've got a new album coming out in April too. Personally this is the band of the line-up for me.

Dream Wife, I The Mighty, Creeper and BROCKHAMPTON are my highlights out of the previously mentioned acts, Just got a couple more that I would seriously recommend people check out if you haven't already

The Regrettes - Young and new LA punk band, I love both their debut album and their new EP

SWMRS - Incredible punk band from Oakland, probably my second favourite band. Their debut album is insane.

Mainly chose this song bc the video is funny if you know Theneedledrop, other great songs are Miley, D'you Got a Car, Palm Trees

Edited by UndergroundSound

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

I've never liked TFB but that song posted is fucking great. So I listened to some of their new tracks and was reminded why I don't like them. Did they used to be good? Is there an album people would recommend? 

the debut album and the ‘rose’ EP are quite good imo. quality decreases from album to album but you could try ‘talon of the hawk’ at a push

On 23/02/2018 at 4:04 PM, dentalplan said:

Most of the bands I'm interested in have been mentioned already, but here's a couple more - they're fairly well known as it is and were both on the first release but still:

Love this and I've seen they put an album out last month. Will be sure to listen to that later.

5 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I've never liked TFB but that song posted is fucking great. So I listened to some of their new tracks and was reminded why I don't like them. Did they used to be good? Is there an album people would recommend? 

They basically went downhill as soon as they signed with Fuelled by Ramen in my opinion. Back on Top was ok (had some great moments) and Going Grey was a bit naff. Check out their self titled album and if you don't mind doing a bit of digging their first two albums and early EPs are excellent. I Hate My Friends is my 2nd favourite album of theirs. They're not on any streaming service but the band said it's ok just to download them for free from wherever. All of the songs from the Rose EP are rerecords of some of that stuff. 

3 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

the debut album and the ‘rose’ EP are quite good imo. quality decreases from album to album but you could try ‘talon of the hawk’ at a push

Which debut, the self titled album or I Hate My Friends :P
Also, I could never get into the re-recordings on Rose. I just feel like something is lost. 

Ah fuck it, since we're talking about The Front Bottoms I'm just going to post all the old stuff for you guys

I Hate My Friends (their actual debut album)

Brothers Can't Be Friends EP

My Grandma vs Pneumonia

That's pretty much it. Brothers is missing one or two of the originals versions and there is some Brian solo stuff as well if you really want more but that's all I'm showing

• Like 1