Flyers/Stickers/Posters at Festivals

WS_Jack_III

Just wondering what you guys make of seeing posters/stickers/flyers at festivals.

Do you take much notice and check bands out when you get home or do you just forget about them (to be fair most of us are too pissed)

I'm considering doing some of this at a few festivals this year to try and generate some interest around my own music. Thought this would be a good place to get a consensus on this.

Thanks

Personally I do not take much notice now a days but before the internet, the flyer pack handed out a 6/7am exiting a club provided fascination on the mini bus home and informed us what raves were coming up!

I guess it depends on cost of printing (cheap) and time taken to distribute v exposure and people who recall reading them.

with everyone having a camera phone I would imagine those who are bothered could take pictures of bands/gigs/shit jokes they see around festivals

Edited by Upside down frowner

Definitely too far gone to remember anything other than jokes about Kippers or Tories scrawled on toilet walls. I think I mostly just stare into the abyss.

If I’m honest, I can’t see how it’d be effective anyway unless it was advertising something happening on site. Everyone is surrounded by musical attractions throughout the weekend so checking those out properly trumps seeking out an act based on a name on a flyer on a toilet door.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Definitely too far gone to remember anything other than jokes about Kippers or Tories scrawled on toilet walls. I think I mostly just stare into the abyss.

If I’m honest, I can’t see how it’d be effective anyway unless it was advertising something happening on site. Everyone is surrounded by musical attractions throughout the weekend so checking those out properly trumps seeking out an act based on a name on a flyer on a toilet door.

This is along with what I was thinking. I usually take more notice of something advertising something on site rather than generic listings.

4 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

Never used QR codes- does the information save onto a phone?

could use a free QR code titled ‘Secret Set Today’ hope you get a few who can’t help checking it :D

We've used them at the school I work at. I did think about them. Do people actually use QR codes though? I've only ever seen them at my work or supermarkets.

Also your idea is good for page views but wouldn't be a good making a fan base if I start pissing people off :lol: