Lollapalooza Berlin 2018

AAlex

They've just announced the Lollapalooza Berlin line up will be out next week, Saturday 8 - Sunday 9th September. 

Been the last two years, this time it's moved to Olympiapark... headliners first three years have been Muse, Macklemore, Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters and Mumford and Sons. 

No idea who's likely given that it's September, but if you rule out the six above maybe RHCP, Gorillaz, Killers, QOTSA? Really hoping Arcade Fire and/or The National will make an appearance. 

IMG_3332.PNG

IMG_2074.JPG

21 minutes ago, mylesharrison said:

I’m hoping jack white is on the lineup!!

Im excited to see who they get, because 2016 Radiohead/KoL weren't really about, and 2017 seemed strange to think Foos would be back in Europe then.

So I'm hoping one of the headliners will be a bit of a surprise, they've confirmed both will be announced next week so presumably following previous years of announcing the majority of the poster. They've also confirmed it will be olympiapark and inside the olymiastadion as well which sounds interesting.  

IMG_3334.PNG

Yeah The National look likely with those dates, which is good news to me! I saw someone say Arctics are an exclusive to hurricane, but even if they aren't I'd say the fact they're doing that and announced all their dates at once makes them incredibly unlikely. Gorillaz are at Rock am Ring and Killers at Deichbrand too so may rule both of them out... 

Like I say there's been a couple of surprises normally so I'm hoping for someone who's not really about this Summer. 

On 15/02/2018 at 9:05 AM, with_tired_eyes said:

Someone in another forum also mentioned Imagine Dragons, (no berlin show, some shows end of august...) but not sure if they would be headliner.

Yeah they're at Milano Rocks along with The National and Thirty Seconds to Mars, do you think any of them would take up one of the two headline slots? No idea who's big in Germany! 

Im hoping the announcement will be tomorrow... it was on a Wednesday last year and they posted 'next week' last Wednesday. 

41 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah they're at Milano Rocks along with The National and Thirty Seconds to Mars, do you think any of them would take up one of the two headline slots? No idea who's big in Germany! 

Im hoping the announcement will be tomorrow... it was on a Wednesday last year and they posted 'next week' last Wednesday. 

I'm not sure either. 30stm would headline, Imagine Dragons maybe/maybe not.They played co-headline-slot at Hurricane Festival 2017 which can be compared to the lollapalooza. The National are not that big in germany to play locations like the others, but would be an "exclusive" act this year like Radiohead before.

29 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Just scrolled though it myelf, really disappointed. Strange choice of headliners as well considering the first 3 years have had Muse, Radiohead and Foo Fighters. 

Is it really? The Weeknd is one of the biggest acts in the world and Kraftwerk are huge in germany. Its solid.

3 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Is it really? The Weeknd is one of the biggest acts in the world and Kraftwerk are huge in germany. Its solid.

I mean in terms of genre not size. Arguably one of the biggest guitar bands in the the world have headlined the last three years and now there's maybe two in The National/Liam Gallagher on the first seven lines. Seems very pop and DJ heavy this year.

I didn't say it was a bad line up, but it's certainly not for me this time. 

50 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

I disagree to that Kraftwerk-Point. They are a big act in germany, sure. But they're from the 70s and so are most of their fans. I don't think it's a good place for them to play - a festival which focusses on the generation of their children and grandchildren. I once saw Kraftwerk at the Hurricanefestival and it was pretty empty in front of the stage after 15 minutes. 

I mean in terms of genre not size. Arguably one of the biggest guitar bands in the the world have headlined the last three years and now there's maybe two in The National/Liam Gallagher on the first seven lines. Seems very pop and DJ heavy this year.

This. It's an odd mix of target groups. The National and Ben Howard on one side - David Guetta & more on the other. There's no common theme in my eyes.

I'm hoping they put Kraftwerk and The National on the Alternative Stage whilst The Weeknd and Imagine Dragons are doing their thing on the Mainstage. Then I'm debating to go to this. But yeah, as said, this can only go wrong in so many ways if they put Kraftwerk on the Mainstage imo...

38 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

I disagree to that Kraftwerk-Point. They are a big act in germany, sure. But they're from the 70s and so are most of their fans. I don't think it's a good place for them to play - a festival which focusses on the generation of their children and grandchildren. I once saw Kraftwerk at the Hurricanefestival and it was pretty empty in front of the stage after 15 minutes. 

The only problem i have with this booking is the headliner slot they have. they certainly won't attract enough people if they are playing late on main stage. If they had been in the undercard, rather than top 5-6 acts, it would have been the only surprising and refreshing booking. the other headliners are pretty uninspired, besides the national and the undercard is really, really lacking.so i don't think kraftwerk is such a major problem.