So here's the problem....

SloopJohnB

I like Kendal Calling.....I've been going for a fair few years now.....but to be honest, if I didn't have Emperor Tickets I'd be giving it a miss for either Latitude or Boomtown. I've always said that festivals aren't just about the line-up and I stand by that, but the price of KC when you factor in Emperor and Thursday entry brings expectations of a decent lineup up

So.....here the problem....

No doubt ludicrously early bird tickets will go on sale soon with the promise of early opportunity to access Emperor Tickets....once you're committed, you're pretty much commited irrespective of lineup ( for me anyway as I need to plan holidays etc). Knowing my luck, failure to commit will result in a Stella lineup next year and I'll have missed out on Emperor

What the hell do you do??? :unsure:

Agreed, just make it clear that you won't split your tickets to sell emperors seperate and they'll sell fine. Kendal has sold out earlier every year so demands there. This years will be sold out by end of February if the warnings are anything to go by. 

There's not a lot else for the teens in the immediate area and a lot of resale tickets go to people who last minute decide all their mates are going and they don' wanna miss out. 

I decided to wait this year as I wasn't sure if I was going to do any festivals and I was put off by the price of the emperors field ticket and as a result missed out on emperors tickets so will be camping away from the people I've gone with over the past 4 years.

I've tried general camping in the past and I don't think its as bad as people make out.  The reason the price of the emperors field is off putting for me it was £10 and you could camp near your car the first time I was in there and now its nearer £60 with very little improvement to the field you are in  where as ticket prices have gone from £90 to £145

If you aren't sure on the line up, id wait,  and then try a year away from emperors if the line up is one that grabs your attention. Once you've tried general camping you can say for sure if emperors field is the be all and end all of the festival

1 hour ago, MandogMillionaire said:

I'm a first timer at KC and liked the idea of Emperors Field but as soon as I say the price, no chance!

How bad can general camping be?! I'm assuming that as long as you don't cap near the arena, it's not that bad?

Is there showers in general camping?

There aren't any free showers but you can upgrade to use the posh ones in the village green. I have never done it but from what I've read, they're always busy.

10 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

I like Kendal Calling.....I've been going for a fair few years now.....but to be honest, if I didn't have Emperor Tickets I'd be giving it a miss for either Latitude or Boomtown. I've always said that festivals aren't just about the line-up and I stand by that, but the price of KC when you factor in Emperor and Thursday entry brings expectations of a decent lineup up

So.....here the problem....

No doubt ludicrously early bird tickets will go on sale soon with the promise of early opportunity to access Emperor Tickets....once you're committed, you're pretty much commited irrespective of lineup ( for me anyway as I need to plan holidays etc). Knowing my luck, failure to commit will result in a Stella lineup next year and I'll have missed out on Emperor

What the hell do you do??? :unsure:

I feel the same. KC is my favourite or has been for many years. Honestly thought we’d see a bigger name headlining this years festival, especially having seen the growth in 2016 & 2017. 

I’ll be buying early birds if they go on sale still as I can guarantee a live in vehicle pass. As others have said, if I don’t like the lineup, I can easily sell on the condition that I won’t split my tickets.