Neverworld (FKA LeeFest)

FestivalNewbie7

4 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Also, what sort of themes are the dressing up? Just interested!

It's based on a Peter Pan/Neverland theme so it's all pirates, mermaids and lost boys (and tinkerbells!). Saying that, I saw a bloke dressed up as Princess Leia with a massive inflatable Jabba the Hutt, so I think anything goes! ?

It was unbearably hot last year which was great at night as you didn't need to wrap up but it was  difficult to find any shade in the daytime, and I didn't see as much rock/punk in the dive bar as I would've liked as it was so hot inside. But dancing at the beach, on the real sand, or down in the goldmine, was just amazing. 

Saw lots of the smaller bands walking round before or after their sets too, which was cool as we got to chat to them. 

Argh I'm getting really excited now!! 4 months to go yet though lol!

• 2 months later...

A word of warning, Don't pay extra for the decent toilets and showers, when we went it was an absolute farse. The showers were freezing or not working at all and the toilets were in most cases just as bad or worse than the usual ones. When this was raised with any staff no one took responsibility, they were useless.

We then contacted the festival after and dispite not actually providing any of the things promised, refused to give us a refund, instead they blammed everyone else but themselves, including the company THEY hired.

Their customer support is/was shocking. It was only an extra £20 each so no great loss but it did leave us with a bad taste in the mouth. It put me off of ever going back through priniple really, as I wouldn't want to give them any of my hard earned cash. 

I've read that this is a regular issue that seemingly crops up every year. A friend that went last year experienced the same problems. Ok you can say it was down to bad luck once but for it to keep happening is piss poor in my opinion. 

Hopefully they've finally sorted it out for this year. 

• 7 months later...