Jump to content
Paulgott93@gmail.com

Wens the next announcement coz the 1st ones shite

Recommended Posts

Even when we do get a 2nd announcement it' not going to be anything major. Normally the 1st announcement might consist of around a third of the amount that this one did. You might get Calling Out headliner info or Dance Tent info but I can' imagine there will anything major left for main stage unless Amazon sponsor a band again like the Happy Mondays last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's not to like? Libertines, catfish, shed 7, James, ocs, white lies, Peter hook, Sherlock's, Amazon's, twisted wheel. Bmx bandits.

 

All indie tastic, which Kendal calling used to always be!

Edited by sinc72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sinc72 said:

What's not to like? Libertines, catfish, shed 7, James, ocs, white lies, Peter hook, Sherlock's, Amazon's, twisted wheel. Bmx bandits.

 

All indie tastic, which Kendal calling used to always be!

Totally agree with this maybe Kendal are trying to steer away from the kind of crowd that killed T in the park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wilko888 said:

Totally agree with this maybe Kendal are trying to steer away from the kind of crowd that killed T in the park. 

..... and also avoid turning it into a pop festival like the V Festival is now. I’m too more than happy with the line up. 

But back to the original question, when actually is the line up usually added to???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They used to do smaller announcements every 3 weeks or so. But this last one was massive in comparison. They'll probably make further announcements every 4 weeks or so but it'll mainly be stage fillers if they follow last year's pattern

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wilko888 said:

Totally agree with this maybe Kendal are trying to steer away from the kind of crowd that killed T in the park. 

Errr not far from the truth that mate .

this is a very short clip it lasted 20 mins unfortunately the vast majority were locals in this disappointing really . I know for a fact it was said last year after this they would be more cautious over bookings for the yoof !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Errr not far from the truth that mate .

this is a very short clip it lasted 20 mins unfortunately the vast majority were locals in this disappointing really . I know for a fact it was said last year after this they would be more cautious over bookings for the yoof !

 

Jesus, that clip is awful. I've never seen anything like that before in a festival. Hopefully nothing like that this year. Imagine fighting at a music festival?? Can't get my head round that at all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time I've seen anything like that at a festival. Would hate to be camped next to that mayhem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ramragon said:

First time I've seen anything like that at a festival. Would hate to be camped next to that mayhem

I'm Guessing "Wolfwoods"?

AKA the 6th form camp site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolf Woods is vile. Even at that age, I used to bunk school & go to Fantasia/Galactica raves & don’t think Wolf Woods would have appealed to me back then ! 

Kids, hangovers & sober kids with no tolerance for drunk, nobhead other kids = this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Errr not far from the truth that mate .

this is a very short clip it lasted 20 mins unfortunately the vast majority were locals in this disappointing really . I know for a fact it was said last year after this they would be more cautious over bookings for the yoof !

 

Not a great advert for the Festival. I hope this isn’t indicative of what goes on at KC otherwise this year will be out last as well as first time at KC.

Edited by Smeble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Not a great advert for the Festival. I hope this isn’t indicative of what goes on at KC otherwise this year will be out last as well as first time at KC.

I have never seen any trouble at Kendal before Smeble. I think what the others have written above is true, the initial line up announcement last year attracted alot of youngsters, and most youngsters aren't the most responsible with alcohol or drugs! I noticed alot of kids drunk or off their heads. I think Kendal do listen to peoples thoughts on the surveys we complete, and have reacted to some of our concerns regarding age demographics. The problem with that is, I loved last years line up, and I'm not buzzing about this years, and I'm 41.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Not a great advert for the Festival. I hope this isn’t indicative of what goes on at KC otherwise this year will be out last as well as first time at KC.

It is a great friendly festival the only thing you need to do is when you walk thru the entrance go down the hill and turn left the further left you go the quieter it is we normally camp not far from the bank of toilets quite lively around there but no knobheads, tho last year we camped in the next field on top of the hill due to the weather forecast and that field was great also just don't go thru entrance and turn right to get near the stages that's where the animals camp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly happy with the lineup so far - I do think there is at least one headliner still to be announced though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Wayward said:

I'm fairly happy with the lineup so far - I do think there is at least one headliner still to be announced though!

Really? I’d be surprised if anything else major gets announced. 

Their poster would indicate if there were more big acts to follow. Plus they’ve nearly sold out. Can’t see them spending more money on big acts if they don’t need to pull in more ticket sales. 

I do hope your right though. 

Edited by johnny-yen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

Really? I’d be surprised if anything else major gets announced. 

Their poster would indicate if there were more big acts to follow. Plus they’ve nearly sold out. Can’t see them spending more money on big acts if they don’t need to pull in more ticket sales. 

I do hope your right though. 

This would be how I see it.

Maybe a Calling Out Headliner and a couple of tea time slots for the main stage. Maybe a Paul Heaton type size and some new bands.

If we’re lucky.....they might chuck money at someone to play before run dmc but you make a good point about it selling out so they might keep the money in the bank.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

Really? I’d be surprised if anything else major gets announced. 

Their poster would indicate if there were more big acts to follow. Plus they’ve nearly sold out. Can’t see them spending more money on big acts if they don’t need to pull in more ticket sales. 

I do hope your right though. 

yeah fair point. 

They just don't seem like headliner acts to me and the poster only uses the word headliner for the Thursday - the Hacienda thing will be great btw! 

I'm hoping they are holding back on a couple of already booked headline level surprises - but i'm probably just being a naive optimist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2018 at 1:00 PM, Smeble said:

Not a great advert for the Festival. I hope this isn’t indicative of what goes on at KC otherwise this year will be out last as well as first time at KC.

No it isn’t mate it’s an isolated incident and in no way is it a reflection. Just a shame locals use campsite to preload before going into the arena ! Embarrassing really !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJohnB said:

Is that Electric Fields?

It is Aye. The KC team are now involved with electric fields so it gets the odd mention in here. 

There is also an efest forum under other uk festivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

It is Aye. The KC team are now involved with electric fields so it gets the odd mention in here. 

There is also an efest forum under other uk festivals.

Sorry for the duplication....I've no idea how I didn't that :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×