Rolling Stones

eFestivals

sold ou

11 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

I thought they'd sell out rapidly seen as St Marys only has a capacity of around 30k and I can't imagine more than 10% of that is allocated to lucky dip, but they're still on sale at the moment.

sold out southampton lucky dip

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think the stones bubble might have finally burst, as their fans become too old to get out of their chairs. :P

My Facebook feed was filled with people wanting to go, as we don't get many big shows here at all, but largely people disappointed that they were out priced completely. 

Edited by seanz25

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Random question but I've never been to a stadium gig before and this will be my first, at London stadium. When should I get there?

I don't want to be standing right at the back but I'm not the kind of guy that's going to camp overnight just so I can be first in. 

Think it'll be okay if I get there between 2-3pm? Gates open at 3

If you’ve got General Admission tickets, you’re gonna be a third of the way down the field at best anyway.

On 04/04/2018 at 1:14 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Random question but I've never been to a stadium gig before and this will be my first, at London stadium. When should I get there?

I don't want to be standing right at the back but I'm not the kind of guy that's going to camp overnight just so I can be first in. 

Think it'll be okay if I get there between 2-3pm? Gates open at 3

For guns n roses this year I was in no hurry to get in and got up against the barrier of the inner circle, really good view. Regretted it later with all the shoving and drinks (it was not piss, it was not piss :unsure:) flying around. Hoping Rolling Stones will be bit more civilised :lol: but planning on staying out the way this time! 

• 2 weeks later...

Support for uk shows announced. Going to Twickenham and disappointed, not a fan of James Bay (then again I’ve already seen LG and Flo)

22 May – LONDON – Liam Gallagher
25 May – LONDON – Florence + the Machine
29 May – SOUTHAMPTON –  The Vaccines
02 Jun – COVENTRY – The Specials
05 Jun – MANCHESTER – Richard Ashcroft
09 Jun – EDINBURGH – Richard Ashcroft
15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow
19 Jun – TWICKENHAM – James Bay

Edit: Maybe he was chosen to make the ‘Stones seem better :P

Edited by 3Dimensions
Late night ranting

Ashcroft for me then. Love The Verve, not arsed about most of his solo stuff. Never caught him like, so I guess he should be decent enough if he sticks to crowd pleasers in  the slot he's playing. Absolutely love The Specials, and would have been made up with them, but I have seen them a couple of times before, and seen Liam a few months ago. Florence is a decent booking. The Vaccines and James Bay? I would have been fucking gutted with either of them. 

M

5 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Ashcroft for me then. Love The Verve, not arsed about most of his solo stuff. Never caught him like, so I guess he should be decent enough if he sticks to crowd pleasers in  the slot he's playing. Absolutely love The Specials, and would have been made up with them, but I have seen them a couple of times before, and seen Liam a few months ago. Florence is a decent booking. The Vaccines and James Bay? I would have been fucking gutted with either of them. 

No bother band gets Liam or Florence supporting them. Work gets in the way of the June 5th otherwise I'd buy a ticket.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Hoping Liam just sticks to the hits. Was a little disappointed by him at Glastonbury but willing to give the bastard a second chance. Feel a bit sorry for some of the other dates though; who the hell is James Bay?

Liam ain't gonna play an all-Oasis set, but the main difference between this show and his Glastonbury performance is that his album is actually out now so you have plenty of time to get acquainted with his solo material (if you haven't already).