Rolling Stones

eFestivals

London Stadium will be be easier as it's on both national rail (into Liverpool Street) and central line (change at Bank to get to Angel; or Oxford Circus (off the top of my head) for Highbury & Islington).

London Stadium had a bad rep for being slow to get out of, but I've never been for a concert just football.

7 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I thought with the Sunderland date not happening we may have got a Newcastle date , shame for the north east 

the stones set-up 'options' for shows. It doesn't necessarily mean the options will happen.

As i understand it, the band are presented with the options and pick what they want to do.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

me, i'd be surprised with that date happening. St Mary's is proper city centre, surrounded by houses.

(no idea if they've had other shows there. If they have, I guess they can do them).

They'e 100% had Robbie Williams, I think perhaps U2 also, although not sure if that was at the Rose Bowl. 

58 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I thought with the Sunderland date not happening we may have got a Newcastle date , shame for the north east 

The Ed Sheeran dates at SJP might have made that a non-starter. Shame. 

2 hours ago, Dom Wall said:

London Stadium will be be easier as it's on both national rail (into Liverpool Street) and central line (change at Bank to get to Angel; or Oxford Circus (off the top of my head) for Highbury & Islington).

London Stadium had a bad rep for being slow to get out of, but I've never been for a concert just football.

Also consisder Stratford International station as that has quick trains into St. Pancras.

When we went to see Depeche Mode at the London Stadium we were staying at the Premier Inn next to it and when the gig was finished there was loads of crowds heading towards Stratford station & underground but hardly any towards International.

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I do wonder if they'll have any fairly big supports.

These were the supports on the European dates, not too bad for me I'd have liked Leon Bridges, Kaleo or Cage the Elephant. Seems strange to only have one on a stadium date, but I guess Stones could play for as long as they want.

allactsposter-444x600.jpg

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think all the locations have been announced already, and any extra shows will be at those locations.

(for example, i know there's another date pencilled in for Manc).

On the IORR website they still have a Birmingham date "rumoured". Not sure how viable there info is in comparison to yours? 

https://iorr.org/tour18/

Edited by phimill
add IORR page

6 minutes ago, phimill said:

On the IORR website they still have a Birmingham date "rumoured". Not sure how viable there info is in comparison to yours? 

https://iorr.org/tour18/

The Manc dates iorr has listed are the dates I gave them. :P

And the rest of their info has been collected in similar ways, from them hearing about options for shows that were arranged, without those options necessarily going to be happening.

With most bands, if they've 'reserved' a venue it means it's happening. That's not how it tends to work for the stones.