What's everyone think then?

ramragon

Now the line ups finally out and the dusts settled what's everyone think ? Good, Bad, Indifferent !

Personally the undercard probably appeals to me more than the headliners, I've seen a lot of acts on there before and enjoyed them so I'm sure I'll make the effort again. Peter Hook and the light were excellent at Electric Fields last year. 

I`ll go indifferent. Same as you that I`ve seen a good few before but there are a few I`d see again.

Saw the Libertines 6 months ago and they were good but it was in a 1000 capacity hall. I`ve also seen the Hacienda thing and it was good but how will that work in a dark muddy field. Could be good but headlining KC ?

Run DMC could be a mess, never a headliner for me. I doubt I`ll be at Catfish but i did see them years back in Calling Out and I don`t grudge them their shot. 

I`ll see the Wailers again and them and James are Mrs Comfy`s favourites so happy with that. Fun luvin Crims have some tunes I like but again I`ve seen them not that long ago.

Hopefully....they have 3 or 4 still to come that will offer me a bit more excitement.

If James, Shed 7 and OCS are the subs I`d go with bad and boring but surely they won`t be ( I personally like all 3 but adventurous or exciting it`s not )

1 minute ago, RossendaleR said:

Underwhelming - with the increase in capacity I had hopes for a little more. Might spend more time away from the main stage than usual, trawling small stages and/or getting slaughtered and collapsing in some muddy puddle.

Good point about the increased capacity ( and ticket price ). They must still have some money in the kitty.

Happy with Catfish and if the libertines are on firm should be good.

I can’t imagine from what I’ve seen on YouTube run dmc being up to much for a headliner! Good chance to check out other stages.

Always been a fan of James and ocs..... I do see them regularly but still happy to do so again.

Really happy to see The Slow readers are playing.fantastic band,shame it will only be for approximately 30mins.

Peter Hook should be worth a watch,and also Hacienda Clasical.plus all the smaller bands.

Tickets already bought so was going whatever happened 

25 minutes ago, RossendaleR said:

Underwhelming - with the increase in capacity I had hopes for a little more. Might spend more time away from the main stage than usual, trawling small stages and/or getting slaughtered and collapsing in some muddy puddle.

23 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Good point about the increased capacity ( and ticket price ). They must still have some money in the kitty.

Capacity hasn’t gone up from what I’m hearing it’s been stagnant at 25k since 2016 . You know I’m on the ground at the village all year round and the police for 1 have said the capacity hasn’t risen since 2016 and it’s the festival owners ie Andy smith and Ben Robinson that are reluctant to go any bigger ,while all the other organisations and licence providers would really like to see it hit the 35k the local economy can benefit from the increased turnover and revenue! Me personally I think they should just crack on and fill and stop being fanny’s I want Liam G ! 

Like most regular gig/festival goers, I've seen a lot of these, some many times over. I've never thought that headliners were the be all & end all of a festival & im sure I'll see new things & have a blast whatever happens.

kinda looks like there were financial restrictions somewhere though.

2 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Capacity hasn’t gone up from what I’m hearing it’s been stagnant at 25k since 2016 . You know I’m on the ground at the village all year round and the police for 1 have said the capacity hasn’t risen since 2016 and it’s the festival owners ie Andy smith and Ben Robinson that are reluctant to go any bigger ,while all the other organisations and licence providers would really like to see it hit the 35k the local economy can benefit from the increased turnover and revenue! Me personally I think they should just crack on and fill and stop being fanny’s I want Liam G ! 

If they put 35k in there and it rains and is muddy then Liam won`t be able to get in ( we can debate whether that`s a bad thing :D )

I'm very happy with libertines as headliners, I think it's about right size wise for them as they get lost on a big stage. Catfish I really don't get as headliners but I do like them and the atmosphere will be good. Not sure on run dmc or HC but I'm sure I can go to other stages 

Undercard is where it's at - I love OCS and James, shed seven were good the one and only time I've seen them (KC 2012)

slow readers club, pale waves and yonaka have been part of the new bands I've had on loads recently so happy with those especially SRC. Saves me a good £30-40 on gig tickets there. 

Peter hook will be good, actually half way through his new order book right now. Plus I like white lies and the sherlocks, declan mckenna was Ok at y not last year and ive been told great things about the Amazons 

Plus more to come. And the festival is ace with the woodlands, real ale tent etc. I'm happy to be honest...

Been in a meeting all evening so only just seeing it now. I think it looks ace. Have seen James more than a few times but looks like they subbing. I think Catfish will be great, Run DMC reserving judgement and Mrs B happy with the Libertines. Undercard is just brilliant however, Fun Loving Criminals!!! Already been said but Dub Pistols needs to be either later afternoon slot or ideally just before Hacienda Classical (which will be fab) on the Thursday to properly get the weekend started! One happy Botton

5 minutes ago, ramragon said:

I think initially everyone's reaction is based around what they see headlining, once it's sunk in and been padded out a bit it will be fine for me

Fingers crossed for a good year in Calling Out. I remember it was really strong a few years back but don’t think I’ve seen a headliner in there for a while.

First year back for a few years and bringing the family this time.

I’m fine with the first announcement, Love the Libertines and the Hacienda Clasical was amazing in Glasgow Last year, loads of great anthems to look forward to, not sure on Run DMC though. 

Plenty still to come but yeah, not the most original line up but pretty solid

The headliners are usually Sub Glasto headliner/ Other Stage headliners caliber, which I don't think this is. A very similar line up to Y Not (as usual) which is £30 cheaper. Looking at who's doing festivals this year, it's quite underwhelming. Similar price would get you to Blue Dot which is a very good line up.

Always good to have a wonder away from the main stage and find stuff you've not heard though.

I've had time to digest after the initial shock headliners catfish OK with that popular enough will drag a big crowd, Libertines never liked em couple of good songs understandable headliner after petes appearance couple of years ago, run dmc not got a clue why,  no appeal to young crowd and no appeal to a older crowd but it gives people a chance to put a face to the band on there t shirt they bought from matalan cos they thought it was cool, HC not my cup of tea at all so out of the 4 headliners I will watch 1

The undercard now that's when it gets better ocs , James, shed seven, amazons, sherlocks, tom grennan, white lies, slow readers club so that's 9 acts without starting to listen to the bands that's been announced to see if I can unearth a gem or 2 on average over the last few years I've watched about 12 bands over the weekend (cos we do like a campsite party) so not doing bad really just feeling deflated about the headliners there's no noel or phonics to get the pulses racing like the previous couple of years 

Initially I’d say I’m disappointed, saw run dmc last year and they were awful, not remotely interested in libertines but I’ll give them a go and catfish I’ve seen but depending on who else is on I’ll give them another go.

When you delve deeper there’s enough to keep me occupied and I’m sure there’s still a couple of gems to come, isn’t there?

Not a good line up FOR ME, 

Hooky, James, The Wailers, Hacienda Classical good choices. Doubt if i will make an of the Friday-Sunday Headliners. Gives me a good chance to visit other stages but got to say its a very poor headliners given what they have had in the past. Might just have to change Festivals next year. Oh well roll on Festival No 6.

My mates band Late Night Legacy are on the bill and are absolutely great live - worth checking out if you haven't done so already.

Absolutely not arsed for the headliners. I will probably go see Run DMC as they will be a refreshing change from the other two. But certainly won't be seeing Catfish or Libs.

Seen OCS and James numerous times and never fail to put on a good show so will definitely be seeing them.

The Wailers and Hollie Cook will inject a nice bit of reggae to the line up.

Didn't see that Elvana were playing! Elvis fronted Nirvana....what could go wrong! They put on a good show from what I've seen.

• Like 1

Very underwhelmed by headliners can't see how Run DMC are deemed top billing material when even the likes of Snoop and Public Enemy only subbed in previous years. Don't really get or know that much about the Hacendia thing and don't think i want to. 

Thankfully i've noticed plenty on line up to keep me interested and at least out of bands i've seen before James and Shed Seven are two that i always enjoy. Im sure i'll discover at least a few yet unlistened to gems so am now looking forward to it again after initial reaction.

overall nowhere near as bad as i first feared when i seen the initial announcement.

I am thrilled at Haçienda Classical to kick it off. Didn't want to see them at Glasto but I followed the group and I'm so pleased I did! They blew me away. @Pooly JP have a look on YouTube. They opened the pyramid. 

As for the rest of it, I'm like many of you in that I've seen many before, but I'll be happy to see them again. Very excited for Ocean Colour Scene, Lucy Spraggan and Fun Loving Criminals. My Spotify playlist is complete so I'm currently researching new bands. 

Run DMC is a poor booking, doesn't seem very well thought through, more of, 'Oh there's a name available and we need someone quick, go for it!'

For a festival headline slot, you want to see live bands, and if they had a live band then great they might win me over, but as far as I can see on YouTube from previous festival appearances, it's just them rapping over a backing track which is very uninspiring for someone topping the bill.  

If Jamiroquai was available  for a festival exclusive to them they should have tried to secure that over Y Not, maybe not everyone's cup of tea (who is?) but a live band of amazing musicians with loads of hits.

The under card is pretty good and I'm happy with the majority of that, although maybe slightly too 90s Manchester centric for me (some very predictable bookings), think they need to add a few more 'relevant' names on 2nd announcement.