Meltdown 2018

the wonderwhy

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

anyone remember what the 'exclusive' claim for The Cure by British Summer Time was?

Just a european exclusive gig from the Cure

The cure might not be playing. David bryne and Anthony hegarthy didnt when they curated (though they played the odd vocal guest slot)

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Just a european exclusive gig from the Cure

The cure might not be playing. David bryne and Anthony hegarthy didnt when they curated (though they played the odd vocal guest slot)

yeah, i'm aware they might not play - which is precisely why I wanted to know the previous claim, to try and work out whether they might do.

It looks like they won't be playing ... tho I really wouldn't be surprised for them to be announced after BST has taken place.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, i'm aware they might not play - which is precisely why I wanted to know the previous claim, to try and work out whether they might do.

It looks like they won't be playing ... tho I really wouldn't be surprised for them to be announced after BST has taken place.

BST is the weekend after meltdown...

Most likely is a robert smith guest slot IMO with another band.

1 hour ago, chemica said:

Last year, the MIA Meltdown was fantastic. Went three or four nights on the bounce.

I love the concept of Meltdown. Will be really interested to see who Robert Smith brings along. The Twilight Sad are nailed on. 

Laddo from Twilight Sad has also got a new side project called Out Lines, they supported Mogwai last week.

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Also, has anyone been to this festival? How does it work?

It's 10 days so like... do you get daily tickets? Do you pay for each event individually? Can you get ticket that'll give you access to all the events?

Its just a bunch of gigs that you will need to buy separate tickets for iirc.

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see: Twilight Sad, Alice Glass, Mogwai, MBV, Jonathan Davis, Buzzcocks, Lykke Li, the Stranglers

Never an easy one to predict though. 

New Order doing their Liam Gillick show, I reckon. Taking it to Milan in May 

• 4 weeks later...

Seminal alternative rock group The Psychedelic Furs will open Smith’s Meltdown, delivering an opening night performance on Friday 15 June, with Placebo (Saturday 16 June) and The Libertines (Sunday 17 June) also appearing on the Royal Festival Hall stage on the festival’s first weekend.

Influential welsh rock band Manic Street Preachers return to Southbank Centre for the first time since 2008 on Tuesday 19 June, whilst Deftones fly in for their only UK show the following night. Glasgow rock stalwarts Mogwai also play a one-off Royal Festival Hall gig on Thursday 21 June, with Nine Inch Nails making their debut on the same stage a day later. And on Saturday 23 June shoegaze pioneers My Bloody Valentine return to the Royal Festival Hall stage for their first UK show in five years.

https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/blog/first-acts-confirmed-robert-smith-meltdown-festival

Edited by gregory