Sign in to follow this  
the wonderwhy

Meltdown 2018

anyone remember what the 'exclusive' claim for The Cure by British Summer Time was?

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

anyone remember what the 'exclusive' claim for The Cure by British Summer Time was?

Just a european exclusive gig from the Cure

The cure might not be playing. David bryne and Anthony hegarthy didnt when they curated (though they played the odd vocal guest slot)

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Just a european exclusive gig from the Cure

The cure might not be playing. David bryne and Anthony hegarthy didnt when they curated (though they played the odd vocal guest slot)

yeah, i'm aware they might not play - which is precisely why I wanted to know the previous claim, to try and work out whether they might do.

It looks like they won't be playing ... tho I really wouldn't be surprised for them to be announced after BST has taken place.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, i'm aware they might not play - which is precisely why I wanted to know the previous claim, to try and work out whether they might do.

It looks like they won't be playing ... tho I really wouldn't be surprised for them to be announced after BST has taken place.

BST is the weekend after meltdown...

Most likely is a robert smith guest slot IMO with another band.

26 minutes ago, zahidf said:

BST is the weekend after meltdown...

it's the week before (the Cure show is, anyway).

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's the week before (the Cure show is, anyway).

meltdown is 15-24th june

Cure is July 7th hyde park

Last year, the MIA Meltdown was fantastic. Went three or four nights on the bounce.

I love the concept of Meltdown. Will be really interested to see who Robert Smith brings along. The Twilight Sad are nailed on. 

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

meltdown is 15-24th june

Cure is July 7th hyde park

doh ... i looked before my first post, and looked again before my 2nd ... and both times decided it was June. :lol:

1 hour ago, chemica said:

Last year, the MIA Meltdown was fantastic. Went three or four nights on the bounce.

I love the concept of Meltdown. Will be really interested to see who Robert Smith brings along. The Twilight Sad are nailed on. 

Laddo from Twilight Sad has also got a new side project called Out Lines, they supported Mogwai last week.

1 hour ago, WFD said:

Laddo from Twilight Sad has also got a new side project called Out Lines, they supported Mogwai last week.

I reckon Mogwai will play this as well.

"More than 30 of my all-time favourite artists - some of the most exciting, inspirational, intense and influential performers of the last 40 years - will make sure this 10-night extravaganza at London's Southbank Centre is the must-see event of the summer." - Robert Smith

Of the last 40 years? Interesting...

Also, has anyone been to this festival? How does it work?

It's 10 days so like... do you get daily tickets? Do you pay for each event individually? Can you get ticket that'll give you access to all the events?

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Also, has anyone been to this festival? How does it work?

It's 10 days so like... do you get daily tickets? Do you pay for each event individually? Can you get ticket that'll give you access to all the events?

Its just a bunch of gigs that you will need to buy separate tickets for iirc.

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see: Twilight Sad, Alice Glass, Mogwai, MBV, Jonathan Davis, Buzzcocks, Lykke Li, the Stranglers

Never an easy one to predict though. 

New Order doing their Liam Gillick show, I reckon. Taking it to Milan in May