Kaleidoscope Festival

johnl

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

looks like it run by Ally Pally itself, tho it's not entirely clear.

Will try and find out when the press contact wakes up.

It probably hasn't, looking at the website now, but its a funny coincidence I noticed :P Suppose they're just relatively easy acts to book. 

Got a cool comedy/words lineup too. 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Got a little more info from them on FB; ""There will be a main stage in the park plus several other mixed stages both outside and inside with different programmes. Gates are 12.00 - 22.30."

Seems good for £40

So the flaming lips will be playing outside rather than in the usual music bit of the palace? Ace if so, I'll be going for sure. Their usual ticket price is normally £40+!

3 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

Already got my ticket, for £40 it's an absolute steal

After learning about the main stage being outdoors I do imagine tickets will end up going for cheap in the weeks before the event but I'd rather be safe in the knowledge I've got my ticket sorted and still get a bargain

I'm chuffed it's outdoors. I loathe gigs at ally pally

• 2 months later...

We've got tickets for this but a few of my friends are hanging on.

I felt like I booked a ticket for this then didn't hear anything else about it, just realised I didn't have them liked on Facebook so that is probably why. Apparently early bird sales are ending soon. Anyone know the cost after? I had a quick nosey at the website but can't find anything.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Tempted but struggling to convince my friend to come :(

Do TFL tend to do long sets or not? I'd mostly be going just for them

I was well impressed by them at Festival No 6 last year, I can't remember how long they played for though. I'll be able to check the lanyard once I get home. I remember it being the same set list as when they headlined the Park at Glasto, as this was what I made a playlist out of to get familiar with them before going to 6.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-flaming-lips/2017/worthy-farm-pilton-england-13e4fd1d.html

On 5/18/2018 at 12:25 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Do TFL tend to do long sets or not? I'd mostly be going just for them

A full show is about 2 hours. They will probably do 1h30, or 1h15 if less lucky. They tend to extend their songs quite a bit + banters, so in 1h30 they will only do about 12 songs. 

I'd be tempted to go for them as well, but I suspect it will be the same 12 songs as last year's tour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 9:45 AM, emmanuel said:

A full show is about 2 hours. They will probably do 1h30, or 1h15 if less lucky. They tend to extend their songs quite a bit + banters, so in 1h30 they will only do about 12 songs. 

I'd be tempted to go for them as well, but I suspect it will be the same 12 songs as last year's tour.

They do sometimes change the set lists around a little bit, so you might see 6 or so different songs if you're lucky. I just wish they wouldn't do the slowed down versions of songs, really boils my piss. 

They won't do any of the superior older stuff though unfortunately (clouds taste metallic or earlier I mean) 

2 hours ago, gregory said:

"AND MUCH MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED…" they said back in February, and they haven't announced a single thing since then, right? 

My thoughts also. Seems very quiet considering it's next month. I feel like I bought a ticket for this in Feb and haven't heard anything since.

I am a bit over-excited though so it might be that I just need to chill, judging by this being my 7th post in this thread haha.