Solo traveller

Lauren B

Is anyone going solo? None of my friends would be up for it because of the price etc. But you get what you said and I've been wanting to go for years now. Abit nervous just turning up on my own haha. Respond to this message or maybe put me in touch with some people perhaps?

Thank you!!! 

Hi Lauren 

There is a very welcoming and friendly bunch known as camp solo. They began a few years ago at Glastonbury but have now extended to other festivals, gigs and meet ups.

All are welcome and you can spend as much or as little time with others as you wish.  

There's a WhatsApp group. I'll pm you x

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, stalemate9 said:

Hi I am going in my own as no other friends could make it.

9 hours ago, krisroe said:

Would you be able to pm me about the watsapp group too please miesh 

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. Busy day! I'll pm you both soon. 

Miesh :)

For anyone else that finds this thread in the future....

Hello :bye:

If you are interested in camping with camp solo please PM me your name and mobile number and I will add you to the WhatsApp group.

The WhatsApp group is for general chat and discussing the festival and as a way to get to know each other beforehand / keep in touch.

Thanks

Miesh :) x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Miesh said:

For anyone else that finds this thread in the future....

Hello :bye:

If you are interested in camping with camp solo please PM me your name and mobile number and I will add you to the WhatsApp group.

The WhatsApp group is for general chat and discussing the festival and as a way to get to know each other beforehand / keep in touch.

Thanks

Miesh :) x

I'll be staying in the campervan field, so will, hopefully, hook up with you all at the efests meet up on the Thursday. 

Unfortunately / fortunately I don't know anything about whatsapp - or Twitter, for that matter. 

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'll be staying in the campervan field, so will, hopefully, hook up with you all at the efests meet up on the Thursday. 

Unfortunately / fortunately I don't know anything about whatsapp - or Twitter, for that matter. 

I'm not going solo Yog, but I will hopefully catch you for a drink.

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

You don't owe me any @Yoghurt on a Stick. Although not going solo, my friends have a tendancy to wander (both physically and in their minds!) - last year one got lost in the long drops! Look forward to the meet up!

The last time that I went to Glastonbury one of my friends was seen by a young lady with his legs sticking out from under a long drop door. She went to the toilet herself, and when she came out she noticed his legs were still sticking out. So she went over to check if everything was OK. It wasn't really. My friend had passed out clutching on to the yakky toilet seat area, and presumably had thrown up. The first we knew of it was when she (a slight young lady) was propping him (a large beast of a man) and directing him towards our tents. That was some feat on her behalf to look after him, and guide him home.

Strangely enough my friend is really quite high up in the medical profession, and the young lady, it turns out, was a trainee nurse. Anyway, my friend was trying to do an A to Z of different named / types of drug. The thing is he actually knows what every drug does - whether legal or illegal. He also knows the dosages that can be taken, and whether two differing drugs should not be taken together etc. However, in hind sight we should have talked him out of trying this mental campaign of drug use. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!:)

It's my first post on these forums so here it goes....

I'm interested in joining your solo group as I'm the only one out of my friends that managed to get a ticket and cant bear the thought of missing it this year!! I went last year and had the best time so if its cool i'd love to be added to any groups/chats

Thanks in advance guys✌

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trojan said:

Hey everyone!:)

It's my first post on these forums so here it goes....

I'm interested in joining your solo group as I'm the only one out of my friends that managed to get a ticket and cant bear the thought of missing it this year!! I went last year and had the best time so if its cool i'd love to be added to any groups/chats

Thanks in advance guys✌

Hello. Please pm me your name and mobile number. Thanks :)

On 20 February 2018 at 4:51 PM, eFestivals said:

there's now* a 'clubs' feature within the menus, so that these sorts of clubby discussions can be made here instead of elsewhere.

(* again. But this time it won't go away, as it's part of the main forums suite now).

Hello. I'm not sure where this is. Is it possible for you to post a link here? Thanks :)

38 minutes ago, Miesh said:

Hello. I'm not sure where this is. Is it possible for you to post a link here? Thanks :)

I'm on a desktop at the moment (bloody work),  so don't know if it is the same on your phone, but once you click 'forums', then 'clubs' appears to the left.

Does not look like anyone has tried using it yet though. I think we used this or similar for Camp Solo 2015

image.thumb.png.083ea8c497bea3e15daa149eb130fe82.png

Edited by tjamest
  • Upvote 1

it's

2 minutes ago, tjamest said:

I'm on a desktop at the moment (bloody work),  so don't know if it is the same on your phone, but once you click 'forums', then 'clubs' appears to the left.

Does not look like anyone has tried using it yet though. 

yep, it's in the menus. Or here:-
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/clubs/

And you're right, no one has - but there has to be a first. :)

• 5 weeks later...

RE: The WhatsApp Group

Thanks for the invite and you all seem like really nice people but it isn't really a camp loner group. Most of the active people all know each other so it sort of felt like listening in on a private conversation. If I did want to join in on the conversation it would usually break up the flow and get one or two responses.

I would definitely like to meet other people and participate in a camp loner type experience (if my friends can't get tickets), it just felt that this wasn't something I was going to get with this particular whatsapp group. If anyone knows of an alternative group, perhaps of smaller size please give me a shout :)

-Will

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...