Belladrum 2018

Peanutsinger

Further announcements of Paloma Faith, The Charlatans and The Supernaturals today. 

Amy McDonald had previously been confirmed as a headliner and Frightened Rabbit to headline the Hot House stage. Craig Charles is on the bill as well.

I like The Charlatans and Frightened Rabbit. Any McDonald is ok, but her days of being a headliner has past in my opinion. She didn't have the pulling power to sell out the 7000 capacity Party at the Palace. 

I notice Paloma Faith has stepped up to an arena tour this year too. I didn't think she was that big and her recent TV performances have been disappointing. She sounds as if she sings through her nose now. 

I'm half tempted. The last headliner has to be a big band to convince me. 

What's the thought of everyone? Any good rumours?

Edited by Peanutsinger
  • Upvote 1

On 30/01/2018 at 1:42 AM, devilman said:

Apart from LaFontaines there is nothing for me on the line up at all. Amy is ok for a singalong. I think I'll be sitting this one out again.

Hmm, I've been 7 out of the past 10 years and am not generally too fussed about the line up but there have usually been 1 or 2 bands that I'm at least a bit excited to see. So far this year, there are only 2 or three that i'd "quite like" to see. It might be time for a year off. 

But who knows? there will be plenty more bands added & Bella has never been all about the garden stage headliners for me.

1 hour ago, LJS said:

Bella has never been all about the garden stage headliners for me.

Spot on there. I think I've seen James, Reef and Madness over the years. There's always been something more to my taste. It's a great wee festival but I'm feeling the need to travel further afield for my August festival experience this year.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Red Day said:

Primal Scream tweeted this earlier today but think it's been deleted @devilman

photo (6).jpeg

Primal Scream would be ace and ym@6 are watchable too so it's almost palatable but it's too late. Campervans are sold out and I'm going to Bloodstock instead now. And 2000trees. And Ramblin Man. And Download. And Orkney. Oh yeah and Rewind :) How the fuck did that happen? :)

Just now, devilman said:

Talking of Maiden I just remembered they're playing the same weekend in Aberdeen. Guess where I'll be :)

I'll be in Aberdeen that weekend.  Not missing a Maiden gig in Aberdeen.

You going to Temperance Movement at the Garage next Friday ?

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

I'll be in Aberdeen that weekend.  Not missing a Maiden gig in Aberdeen.

You going to Temperance Movement at the Garage next Friday ?

Didn't know they were on. Was planning a ski trip to Alps but that may fall through so it's either Temperance Movement in Aberdeen or Tijuana Bibles in Glasgow. Decisions..................

1 minute ago, devilman said:

Didn't know they were on. Was planning a ski trip to Alps but that may fall through so it's either Temperance Movement in Aberdeen or Tijuana Bibles in Glasgow. Decisions..................

Let me know if you're at TM and I'll get a beer with you.  Alan coming through for it

• 4 months later...
On 6/29/2018 at 3:34 PM, eFestivals said:

Bella's been bought by Kilimanjaro Live, the people who own(ed?) Sonisphere.

Have you got a link to this please? This surprises and saddens me. This is the beginning of the end..................

1 hour ago, devilman said:

Have you got a link to this please? This surprises and saddens me. This is the beginning of the end..................

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-44657821

It’s been reported on BBC, sad but true. Saying that they will continue in the “same spirit & character”. I’m doubtful. 

Galbraith has a history of running festivals and then selling them or killing them. I fear for this one now then. It'll have to turn a lot more "ned" for him to recoup his money in the short time it normally takes him to kill a festival. The future is not bright. Fortunately though, it's too far North for most of the "here we fucking go" crowd to travel to it so maybe he has a different plan. Will be interesting to see how it goes next year then.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:32 PM, devilman said:

Galbraith has a history of running festivals and then selling them or killing them. I fear for this one now then. It'll have to turn a lot more "ned" for him to recoup his money in the short time it normally takes him to kill a festival. The future is not bright. Fortunately though, it's too far North for most of the "here we fucking go" crowd to travel to it so maybe he has a different plan. Will be interesting to see how it goes next year then.

I see they've just added Gerry Cinnamon. 

He is very much a "here we ******* go" attraction. 

4 hours ago, Peanutsinger said:

I see they've just added Gerry Cinnamon. 

He is very much a "here we ******* go" attraction. 

This is basically extactly what I said to my husband when it was announced. 

They’ll have announced it to get the people who’ve just seen him at TRNSMT to buy up the last remaining tickets. I can almost hear chants coming from the ned, sorry RED campsite already. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/9/2018 at 11:49 PM, Tequilamockingbird said:

This is basically extactly what I said to my husband when it was announced. 

They’ll have announced it to get the people who’ve just seen him at TRNSMT to buy up the last remaining tickets. I can almost hear chants coming from the ned, sorry RED campsite already. 

Funny to read this. A year later and Gerry is too big an act for Belladrum to even dream of booking him.

30 minutes ago, iforaneye said:

Funny to read this. A year later and Gerry is too big an act for Belladrum to even dream of booking him.

The same has happened with Lewis Capaldi this year. He’s become massive since they booked him. He’s not even headlining & i think a lot of people have bought tickets just to see him. 

12 hours ago, iforaneye said:

Too big for Belladrum? 

His tour later this year involves playing in venues of 1500-2000 capacity. 

I don't think he's out of the reach for Belladrum at all. I'd rather they left him for places like TRNSMT though. 

7 hours ago, Peanutsinger said:

Too big for Belladrum? 

His tour later this year involves playing in venues of 1500-2000 capacity. 

I don't think he's out of the reach for Belladrum at all. I'd rather they left him for places like TRNSMT though. 

This is an arena tour with 1 venue at that capacity in Leicester. He sold two nights at the Hydro in minutes + Aberdeen arena (13,000), Liverpool, Leeds, Dublin, Belfast, Cardiff, 2x Brixton, Newcastle and Norwich.

1 hour ago, iforaneye said:

This is an arena tour with 1 venue at that capacity in Leicester. He sold two nights at the Hydro in minutes + Aberdeen arena (13,000), Liverpool, Leeds, Dublin, Belfast, Cardiff, 2x Brixton, Newcastle and Norwich.

Norwich, Leicester and Bournemouth are small venues. 

I'm in Aberdeen and he hasn't sold out Aberdeen. There is standing tickets on Ticketmaster for £35 this second.