Fun Memories

Alex DeLarge

I've sort of got the January blues at the moment so I thought this would be a nice thread (especially because we're all freaks that spend our time talking about a festival that won't be on for another year and a half :D).

What were some of your favourite Glastonbury memories?  Be it 2017 or any year before.

For me it would be:

Being plastered and having a singalong in a crowd full of emotional Ride fans. (Yes, I do like Ride, I don't care.)

Me and my girlfriend having a chat with the girls who were camped next to us on the Wednesday, we were all very happy about the weather.

Nile Rogers telling everyone he was cancer free in the Sunshine during Chic and everyone cheering, bit of an emotional moment.

Getting around all the different places we didn't manage to in 2016 due to Mud, the whole festival feels like a giant playground. 

Frank Carter converting an entire crowd of Killers fans. 

How about you all?

having lots of the crowd singing happy Birthday at the stonebridge bar in 2016 on my 40th  ... can't remember the act  that was about to play .. maybe Steve Davis ... quite emotional for me .... or the time I was handed a coke bottle with my name on it ( randomly ).. the first drink I purchased that year ... I knew it would be another cracking festival  

Thursday night of 2017. Left my mates to go catch Everything Everything, couldn't get near the tent. So just went a wander myself. Took myself up to the top of the hill by the Glastonbury sign. Think it was about 10:30pm by this time, it was dark anyways. 

I sat down, cracked open a cider, looked down at the lights of festival and thought to myself "I'm ok" and had a little smile to myself. This was after a pretty rough year that stemmed from Glastonbury 2016.

So maybe not a "fun" memory in itself,  but having that moment of realisation certainly made the rest of the weekend fun for me :)

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I've sort of got the January blues at the moment so I thought this would be a nice thread (especially because we're all freaks that spend our time talking about a festival that won't be on for another year and a half :D).

What were some of your favourite Glastonbury memories?  Be it 2017 or any year before.

For me it would be:

Being plastered and having a singalong in a crowd full of emotional Ride fans. (Yes, I do like Ride, I don't care.)

Me and my girlfriend having a chat with the girls who were camped next to us on the Wednesday, we were all very happy about the weather.

Nile Rogers telling everyone he was cancer free in the Sunshine during Chic and everyone cheering, bit of an emotional moment.

Getting around all the different places we didn't manage to in 2016 due to Mud, the whole festival feels like a giant playground. 

Frank Carter converting an entire crowd of Killers fans. 

How about you all?

Only been the last 2 years but so many . Looking across the site from the hill for the first time . Being happy all the time...ask my wife she'l say I'm a grump . Discovering new music aurora in 2016 such an enthusiastic performance . Like u at ride seeing 2 blokes my age really go for it no doubt ride r their personal faves but that' what music is living in the moment experience it with others or feel the emotion of it yourself . Seeing James open my first Glasto one of my faves bands I remember thinking it' took to long to get to my first Glasto but I'm here then I filled up and it wasn' the only time.