Such a shame there's no Glastonbury this year

Anarion

The amount of excellent bands playing festivals this summer is nothing like I've ever seen before.

Just look at the line-up for this "random" festival in Madrid: 27174063_1587596114664575_65320081443164

And that doesn't include bands like The National and Arcade Fire, who are also playing festivals in Europe this summer.

Such a shame there's no Glastonbury this year. Considering the bands that are touring it could have been really special.

Just felt like having a little rant. Even though I've booked trips to other festivals and shows, it still really stings to know that I won't visit Worthy Farm this year. 

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That Mad Cool line up is a copy of Q Magazine made flesh.

True. Queue have gone big on Toundra in recent years.

I'll be at Sofi Tukker for ya tho mate, don't you worry. Might purron some Kiss make up. Ace, natch.

11 hours ago, Anarion said:

The amount of excellent bands playing festivals this summer is nothing like I've ever seen before.

Just look at the line-up for this "random" festival in Madrid: 27174063_1587596114664575_65320081443164

And that doesn't include bands like The National and Arcade Fire, who are also playing festivals in Europe this summer.

Such a shame there's no Glastonbury this year. Considering the bands that are touring it could have been really special.

Just felt like having a little rant. Even though I've booked trips to other festivals and shows, it still really stings to know that I won't visit Worthy Farm this year. 

It's funny how split everyone is. I think this is the best lineup poster I've ever seen and, like you, was saying to my friend how ace Glastonbury would have been. He, however, is glad all these guys are doing the circuit the fallow year (with the exception of the Arctic Monkeys, but they'll probably still be around come 2019)

It's not so much the headliners this year, as the strong undercards. Although I'm gutted Kendrick is doing a whole raft of festivals this summer, when there's no Glastonbury.

The Primevera lineup this year is fucking ace. Don't reckon I can afford it though. I've very high hopes for the EOTR announcement tomorrow. I'd love Courtney Barnett, Ezra Furman, Rolling Blackouts, in fact, a whole host of the bands who are around and about for the circuit this year.

31 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The Primevera lineup this year is fucking ace.

Definitely subjective as I reckon last years was a fair bit better

I would return to primavera but the lineup doesnt suit my taste this year as much. and its got a lot more expensive, partly due to factors under their control (ticket price with lineup known up 35 euros in one year) and partly due to factors outside their control like accomodation and flight prices.

Edited by Memory Man

5 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Definitely subjective as I reckon last years was a fair bit better

I would return to primavera but the lineup doesnt suit my taste this year as much. and its got a lot more expensive, partly due to factors under their control (ticket price with lineup known up 35 euros in one year) and partly due to factors outside their control like accomodation and flight prices.

Yeah, i don't reckon i can afford it this year. But for me, this is better than last years, i had fun at it last year, but the timings (some acts i wanted to see were on way too late for me) and the cancellation of Frank Ocean took some of the shine off it.

On 29/01/2018 at 12:18 PM, Anarion said:

Yea and you notice the band at the top....... Yeeeeeep now apparently I've heard that pearl jam are to heavy for Glastonbury or that they wouldn't pull a big enough crowd but hey.. There they are..... Right at the top of the bill.. Just a shame that I can't be there lol 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Sasperella said:

It's funny how split everyone is. I think this is the best lineup poster I've ever seen and, like you, was saying to my friend how ace Glastonbury would have been. He, however, is glad all these guys are doing the circuit the fallow year (with the exception of the Arctic Monkeys, but they'll probably still be around come 2019)

Yep split is the word, put me down for #teamterrible. So much grey music.