Cool Britannia

pete76

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I've seen this whipping round the festival sites with heavy speculation...

When it was brought up about a week ago I noticed Hazell Dean had liked a very early post on this. May some people be disappointed? :lol:

Oh dear. "Cool Britannia" would suggest a 90s band nostalgia throwback rather than a Butlin's style z-list weekender

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Slightly offtopic but what are The Lightning Seeds like anyway?

They're headlining a local festival near me in March. Just one day but it's £22 for 70 bands. Considering going but I'm out of touch with music and don't really know anyone playing :(

If it's the fest I think it is then I recommend you watch We Are Scientists instead. They're always a great laugh even if you don't know any of their music, and their music was pretty good way back too.

That said I don't know nowt about The Lightning Seeds except for Three Lions so they might be good too. Back on topic though this lineup must be good for people into this era of music bc I've actually heard of all the acts unlike most of these kind of things. Probably sucks for hyped up Rolling Stones fans but they shoulda known what 'Cool Britannia' was gonna represent in the first place. :P

4 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Imagine if you'd been in a coma for 20 years and woke up and saw that line-up...you'd think you'd only nodded off for 5 minutes.  

It’s essentally Rewind Festival 90s. And with that in mind it could be a lot worse!

someone on twitter said to me that he'd heard a rumour this fest was run by the guy who did Hope & Glory last summer.

I've done a few minutes digging and found nothing to link them, and what i've found doesn't suggest a link.

However, I did discover that the whois record for the domain appears to have been changed in the last few days, cos the info i posted above doesn't seem to be available now, which is odd.

Be interested to see what this is priced at and the capacity.

Normally I would associate Knebworth with 100k capacity super gigs. I'd be amazed if this is even a tenth the size of that.

Don't think OCS sold out 'Beyond The Tracks' in their hometown last year with a better supporting line-up than this one (very good weekend it was though!), and Happy Mondays and Embrace have done Godiva (free) in recent memory

You don't want to see any festival fail but can't help but think this one is going to struggle unless its very cheap and quite small.

Being optimistic, maybe they are aiming to start small so they can make sure the infrastructure is in place and then aim to grow it organically over a few years  

Edited by Flaminglippy

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

someone on twitter said to me that he'd heard a rumour this fest was run by the guy who did Hope & Glory last summer.

I've done a few minutes digging and found nothing to link them, and what i've found doesn't suggest a link.

However, I did discover that the whois record for the domain appears to have been changed in the last few days, cos the info i posted above doesn't seem to be available now, which is odd.

Can you let me know if this comes to anything :ph34r:

56 minutes ago, august1 said:

The Jacksons headlining Rewind festival, the Hope and Glory fella has booked them and seems on good terms with them, Cool Britannia has lots of acts from H+G fest hmm?!

A lot of those Cool Britannia bands would have been royally screwed by H&G last summer, doubt they’d touch him with a bargepole.

Edit: however I am curious. So I searched companieshouse and Impessario Festivals PLC (Rewind, Boardmasters, Field Day?) is in liquidation and winding up proceedings commenced Sept 2017.

Edited by Ringo_Spar