Download 2019

Steve1000

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is that Slayer farewell tour likely to roll round into this? Or should we be predicting who will be on their farewell tours next year?

I could see Download getting them on the farewell tour. They went down a storm last year headlining second. Third down main on Metallica day as their final UK festival show, maybe? 

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I could see Download getting them on the farewell tour. They went down a storm last year headlining second. Third down main on Metallica day as their final UK festival show, maybe? 

I was thinking they'd probably sub. You know with it being the last UK show (given that the tour will probably hit UK late this year) they'd bump them up a bit.

In fact this is what I drew upppp...

BRING ME THE HORIZON, Five Finger Death Punch, Gojira, Lamb of God
// Megadeth

METALLICA, Deftones, Architects, Eagles of Death Metal
// The Distillers

RAMMSTEIN, Slayer, Ghost, Airbourne
// Don Broco

I took Korn out of there to put Slayer in because, while FR are obviously pretty keen on them nowadays with Korn doing back to back Download and R+L and Jonathan Davis cropping up this year, I've a sneaky feeling they're gonna leave off booking them for a few years and have them headline.

Edited by dentalplan

Looks decent. Pretty similar to my prediction @dentalplan 

TOOL / Judas Priest / Trivium / Alice In Chains 

Don Broco / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Deftones / Architects / Lamb of God 

Gojira / Killswitch Engage 

METALLICA / Slayer / Ghost / Clutch 

Within Temptation / Alestorm

I really do think Ghost should be getting the push up to sub but with it being Slayer’s final tour, they’d be above them. 

Edited by Andre91

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Looks decent. Pretty similar to my prediction @dentalplan 

TOOL / Judas Priest / Trivium / Alice In Chains 

Don Broco / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Deftones / Architects / Lamb of God 

Gojira / Killswitch Engage 

METALLICA / Slayer / Ghost / Clutch 

Within Temptation / Alestorm

I really do think Ghost should be getting the push up to sub but with it being Slayer’s final tour, they’d be above them. 

Just had deja vu! Asthenia 912 huh?

6 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I could see Copping going for the big 4. Would be his last chance to do so, anyway.

I had this thought last week when (I think) Slayer said they would like to do more Big 4 shows. Or it was Megadeth? I know Anthrax said it last year too. That’d be great for DL, the final time to see the Big 4. Get Testament in there for good measure as well. 

Metallia / Slayer / Megadeth / Anthrax / Testament 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

That’d be such a fresh trio to book. 

You weren't moaning about it when he booked the same top 3 main stage acts like 3 years later.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I had this thought last week when (I think) Slayer said they would like to do more Big 4 shows. Or it was Megadeth? I know Anthrax said it last year too. That’d be great for DL, the final time to see the Big 4. Get Testament in there for good measure as well. 

Metallia / Slayer / Megadeth / Anthrax / Testament 

And while we are on about the fresh thing to book, to label this from whoever as the final time is just silly....it's just a pure lazy repeat booking similar to the Black album shows when a reason to book them based on nothing was needed. It is Download though so anything fresh will be gone. Thwyll probably suffer slightly next year due to the Guns booking.

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

And while we are on about the fresh thing to book, to label this from whoever as the final time is just silly....it's just a pure lazy repeat booking similar to the Black album shows when a reason to book them based on nothing was needed. It is Download though so anything fresh will be gone. Thwyll probably suffer slightly next year due to the Guns booking.

Download has never had the big four on the same lineup - that was Sonisphere - so although nothing new to UK festivals it'd still be a first for Download and a great way to send off Slayer, but even if they don't manage to get the big four, I'm sure Slayer will still be granted a sub slot if they're still on the road.

How will this years GnR booking affect next years lineup? Judging by this years main stage lineup the damage has already been done concerning slightly weaker bookings in order to pay for their big fee.

Edited by FloorFiller

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Download has never had the big four on the same lineup - that was Sonisphere - so although nothing new to UK festivals it'd still be a first for Download and a great way to send off Slayer, but even if they don't manage to get the big four, I'm sure Slayer will still be granted a sub slot if they're still on the road.

How will this years GnR booking affect next years lineup? Judging by this years main stage lineup the damage has already been done concerning slightly weaker bookings in order to pay for their big fee.

Regardless of which fest it was, recycling another fests top 4 is awful....even more so a fest that got cancelled.

I agree you may be correct about this year but he usually books overall a bore off main stage tbf anyway. Just hope Marmozets and Boston are Saturday, LTJ too would be great but it won't get that good lol.

53 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Regardless of which fest it was, recycling another fests top 4 is awful....even more so a fest that got cancelled.

The big four is the big four - not something invented by Sonisphere - so it'd still go down a treat. Tbh I don't actually see it happening again just because Slayer are calling it a day, but it'd be nice if it did and I'm sure a lot of people would love the chance to see it happen one last time.

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The big four is the big four - not something invented by Sonisphere - so it'd still go down a treat. Tbh I don't actually see it happening again just because Slayer are calling it a day, but it'd be nice if it did and I'm sure a lot of people would love the chance to see it happen one last time.

Anthrax 4th down a main stage lineup and Slayer subbing?....really not sure that would go down. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Anthrax 4th down a main stage lineup and Slayer subbing?....really not sure that would go down. 

It would go down very well. No one cares that Anthrax would normally play one slot lower if it's the big four. Also especially if it's their last UK show Slayer could easily sub.

Edited by Steve1000

After going to Ally Pally last weekend, I am praying for Architects to get a massive a lot at Download 2019. 

That show was the most emotional and explosive thing I’ve ever experienced. It’s made it’s way into my top 5 gigs of all time. It was absolutely unbelievable. 

I genuinely believe they will go on to headline Download one day. They are streaks ahead of every other heavy band in the UK. They are the ones to do it. 

Edited by Andre91

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

After going to Ally Pally last weekend, I am praying for Architects to get a massive a lot at Download 2019. 

That show was the most emotional and explosive thing I’ve ever experienced. It’s made it’s way into my top 5 gigs of all time. It was absolutely unbelievable. 

I genuinely believe they will go on to headline Download one day. They are streaks ahead of every other heavy band in the UK. They are the ones to do it. 

Saw them at Leeds and thought they were ok but didn't get the hype at all. I'll give them another go but I certainly didn't feel I was watching anything special.

3 minutes ago, devilman said:

Saw them at Leeds and thought they were ok but didn't get the hype at all. I'll give them another go but I certainly didn't feel I was watching anything special.

Leeds was nothing. Not their crowd at all. Short slot, nothing on the production they had on Saturday. 

Honestly, Ally Pally was so good. So so good. 

Edited by Andre91