Download 2019

Steve1000

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Are they poor live, or is that just bc of the shitty album?

My pal loved them. I thought the Cornell tribute was moving. Otherwise, if you've seen RATM then this lot just sound like very poor tribute with guys shouting the words really out of tune. If you haven't seen RATM then they'd be ok to watch once I suppose. I won't go see them again.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Are they poor live, or is that just bc of the shitty album?

The Cornell tribute was the high point of the set, and then it was obvious that everybody were just there for Bulls on Parade and Killing in the Name off, but it's like Devilman said, they're just a bad tribute band, and the album fucking sucks, and I kinda hate everything that it's about, as it just seems like a senseless cash grab from a bunch of old men having a midlife crisis, with no regard to what Zack stood for (even if I don't agree with some/most of it).

So yeah I really just don't like any of it and don't want them to return.

Eh I don’t think it’s fair to look down on them for playing songs that they wrote, if anything their reunion tours were more blatant cash grabs seeing as they couldn’t even come up with anything new about the Bush era.

The promise of Rage classics with Jump Around and one or two Public Enemy songs sounded cool but if it was shite then fair enough. I commend them for coming back with an album too, but at the same time it was awful.

• 1 month later...

Rammstein / Slayer / Ghost / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps

Jimmy Eat World / Papa Roach

Metallica / Five Finger Death Punch / Architects / Gojira / Behemoth

The Distillers / The Gaslight Anthem

Tool / Deftones / Enter Shikari / Trivium / Alestorm

Halestorm / Don Broco

Probably way too good though so in reality throw in some underwhelming shite like Nightwish or Within Temptation or whatever.

6 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Rammstein / Slayer / Ghost / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps

Jimmy Eat World / Papa Roach

Metallica / Five Finger Death Punch / Architects / Gojira / Behemoth

The Distillers / The Gaslight Anthem

Tool / Deftones / Enter Shikari / Trivium / Alestorm

Halestorm / Don Broco

Probably way too good though so in reality throw in some underwhelming shite like Nightwish or Within Temptation or whatever.

JEW should only sub that stage tbh.

That's a great 2nd stage 2nd stage, I think both of them could get away with topping 2nd stage due respective reunion and 59 Sound sets. Metallica is likely...I don't see another year of Download not having them although next year will be 4 years since Reading have.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think BMTH, Metallica and Rammstein for 2019 and Korn, Slipknot and Iron Maiden for 2020. Potential swapsies between Rammstein/BMTH and Slipknot because they might have an album out sooner than anticipated.

Korn arent going to headline, that comes from the main himself.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Korn arent going to headline, that comes from the main himself.

Copping? When was this?

Even if he did say that, I wouldn't be surprised if that viewpoint changed. I just have a feeling that FR are pretty keen on Korn now and they obviously need new headliners. They have been inching themselves up the lineup and have already headlined the inaugural Download Festival in Australia so it seems more likely than practically any new headliner besides BMTH.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Copping? When was this?

Even if he did say that, I wouldn't be surprised if that viewpoint changed. I just have a feeling that FR are pretty keen on Korn now and they obviously need new headliners. They have been inching themselves up the lineup and have already headlined the inaugural Download Festival in Australia so it seems more likely than practically any new headliner besides BMTH.

I’m pretty sure Copping hasn’t said that. Infact, I’m sure I remember him saying somewhere (possibly TNM or the Jasta podcast) that he would consider bands like KoRn as co-headliners. 

KoRn will headline at some point. They’ve never been more revered than they are now or more at the top of their game. They deserve to headline. 

There are so many bands around who will / might have new material out in time for next year that would take up big slots. Ghost, Gojira, Deftones, Lamb of God, Alice In Chains, Halestorm.

Then you’ve got bands who have new material out now but haven’t been booked for this year like Judas Priest, Stone Sour and Trivium. 

I think Code Orange will get a mid Main Stage slot. 

Headliners wise, Rammstein are in he studio and are always a no-brainer if they’re available. 

Metallica seem the obvious one and Slayer calling it a day, I really can see DL booking them and the rest of the Big 4 and billing it as the final chance to see them all together in the UK. 

Tool I really do feel they will have an album out in 2018 and if they’re around surely they will get booked. Tickets would fly out because of how rarely they’ve been here and how dedicated their fanbase is. 

Maybe something like this: 

Tool / Deftones / Lamb of God / Gojira 

Ghost

Metallica / Slayer / Megadeth / Anthrax 

Don Broco 

Rammstein / Judas Priest / Stone Sour / Alice In Chains 

Halestorm

It feels weird leaving Trivium out, though.

Edited by Andre91

KoRn are a weird one. I think that they should headline, but they've been floating in those lower couple of slots for so long now that it'd be weird to see them suddenly bumped up out nowhere, and I can't really think of a Download headliner who's had a similar drawn out rise to headliner, especially this late in their career.

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ghost

Don Broco 

Halestorm

Looks fair. But AIC and Stone Sour quite clearly aren't gonna be back in the UK next June after missing Download this time - I think Slipknot are due an album out next year so Corey and whichever other members will be either working on that or touring it. I'd have a punk headliner on the second stage. Also I very much can't see them doing the 'big 4 of thrash' thing again all these years after the tour just to upstage Slayer's UK farewell show.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

KoRn are a weird one. I think that they should headline, but they've been floating in those lower couple of slots for so long now that it'd be weird to see them suddenly bumped up out nowhere, and I can't really think of a Download headliner who's had a similar drawn out rise to headliner, especially this late in their career.

I mean, it's hard to have a precedent for new headliners for a festival that's so averse to having them. But with Korn being a well-known band who have a proven track record at Download and those type events, steadily growing and have already been chosen to headline other Download events; it doesn't seem random for them to make the step up soon. Plus it's really alarming how few headliners there are for this thing now, and they're not making new ones at any rate.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks fair. But AIC and Stone Sour quite clearly aren't gonna be back in the UK next June after missing Download this time - I think Slipknot are due an album out next year so Corey and whichever other members will be either working on that or touring it. I'd have a punk headliner on the second stage. Also I very much can't see them doing the 'big 4 of thrash' thing again all these years after the tour just to upstage Slayer's UK farewell show.

I mean, it's hard to have a precedent for new headliners for a festival that's so averse to having them. But with Korn being a well-known band who have a proven track record at Download and those type events, steadily growing and have already been chosen to headline other Download events; it doesn't seem random for them to make the step up soon. Plus it's really alarming how few headliners there are for this thing now, and they're not making new ones at any rate.

That’s a fair point about Stone Sour, actually. However, AIC will have a new album so I can’t see them not showing up if they’re promoting that. 

Also a valid point about the Big 4 thing. 

Next year seems really hard to predict because there are so many possibilities. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Copping? When was this?

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I’m pretty sure Copping hasn’t said that. Infact, I’m sure I remember him saying somewhere (possibly TNM or the Jasta podcast) that he would consider bands like KoRn as co-headliners. 

KoRn will headline at some point. They’ve never been more revered than they are now or more at the top of their game. They deserve to headline. 

There are so many bands around who will / might have new material out in time for next year that would take up big slots. Ghost, Gojira, Deftones, Lamb of God, Alice In Chains, Halestorm.

Then you’ve got bands who have new material out now but haven’t been booked for this year like Judas Priest, Stone Sour and Trivium. 

I think Code Orange will get a mid Main Stage slot. 

Headliners wise, Rammstein are in he studio and are always a no-brainer if they’re available. 

Metallica seem the obvious one and Slayer calling it a day, I really can see DL booking them and the rest of the Big 4 and billing it as the final chance to see them all together in the UK. 

Tool I really do feel they will have an album out in 2018 and if they’re around surely they will get booked. Tickets would fly out because of how rarely they’ve been here and how dedicated their fanbase is. 

Maybe something like this: 

Ghost

Don Broco 

Halestorm

Tweet him and ask if Korn are a headliner?, he replied to a tweet last year saying sub yes but they aren't headline level. Let's be honest here aswell, they aren't headline level, they aren't going to suddenly announce their own tour suggesting they are upto headline status. They got sub last time due to a pull out, they were 3rd down.

Copping’s word doesn’t exactly hold up. Remember that time he said the leaked lineup on Gene Simmons’ Twitter had been made up, hacked into and posted by “a mad fan”, less than 48 hours before it was confirmed true? Not sure his role in charge is the same as what it used to be anyway.

But even if he has said that years ago and it’s up to him, he can’t really dismiss it in future. There are a dozen previous headliners that are still going and big enough. Then for new headliners they have BMTH and Queen+AL who could do it no problem and a bunch of bands that don’t want to do Download, so they have to start boosting new headliners. And from the options, Korn seem like a no-brainer for the reasons I posted up the page.

Edited by dentalplan

What I want:

Nine Inch Nails | A Perfect Circle | Incubus | Gary Numan | Taking Back Sunday
Explosions In The Sky

The Cure | Placebo | Garbage | Feeder | Alkaline Trio
Frank Turner

Pearl Jam | Weezer | Rancid | New Found Glory | Ash
Sigur Ros

What I expect:

Slipknot | Korn | Ghost | Lamb Of God | Skindred
Enter Shikari

Metallica | Five Finger Death Punch | Papa Roach | Halestorm | Breaking Benjamin
Within Temptation

Rammstein | Deftones | Architects | Killswitch Engage | Gojira
Trivium