Download 2019

Steve1000

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Where is Tool?, Defined and Ghost subbing? 

Tool is so unpredictable so I haven’t bothered with them. Deftones are definitely a download sub, no doubt about it. Ghost will get a massive push on this next album, I think they’re ready to really break through. Sub doesn’t seem too far fetched to me. 

I don’t know why I’ve included Architects as I don’t think they will have an album out by then. I can see them coming back in 2020 and subbing. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Bring Me The Horizon / Deftones / Architects / Lamb of God 

Judas Priest 

The Smashing Pumpkins / Ghost / Alice In Chains / Down 

Gojira 

Metallica / Slayer / Megadeth / Anthrax 

Don Broco

I don't see the Pumpkins happening, I think that Copping would take Rammstein, Slipknot or Maiden over them any day of the week. 

Also I wouldn't be against it happening, but I don't think Ghost will sub yet. I think Architects could do it ahead of them though.

3 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Slipknot
Five Finger Death Punch
Architects
Killswitch Engage
While She Sleeps

Metallica
Korn
Ghost
Trivium
Papa Roach

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Within Temptation
Lamb Of God
Gojira

That's the most Downloady lineup I've ever seen. I'd take it though, I'd be at least interested in seeing everyone apart from Trivium and WT.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Lukeas said:

I'd be fine with Bring Me The Horizon headlining as long as the other two headliners are super good, I'll be dissapointed if Slipknot don't headline but tbh i reckon they'll headline in 2020 download as their new album is likely to come out late 2019

Totally agree on Slipknot. 2019 will be a year too soon. 

4 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Someone on the Download forums said that they're meant to have an album out q1 next year. But if not I'd go for 3 of Metallica, Rammstein, Maiden, BMTH, Tool.

And that they're doing America later summer.

TBH I really wouldn't be surprised to see Slipknot back next year. Slipknot, Metallica and somebody new is a really nice mix imo. Metallica would have been away from the country for ~19 months by that point, and since 2015 for their last appearance at any festival. They usually always have to have somebody who has done it somewhat recently (Avenged this year, Aerosmith in 17, Maiden and Rammstein in 16, Slipknot in 15, Linkin Park in 14 etc.) so Slipknot makes sense, and those 2 headliners are more than strong enough to carry the bill whilst pushing a new headliner, be it Bring Me or somebody else, but for certain Copping needs to start bumping up headliners when one of the big boys are playing moving forwards from now on otherwise he'll run out of headliners before too long.

EDIT: I personally think that the undercard is going to be the most interesting thing about next year, think there's real potential for the undercard to be seriously strong next year.

Edited by KingPin

Slipknot is probably more likely, but here's my take on BMTH, Pumpkins, and Metallica as a trio.

Bring Me The Horizon / Enter Shikari / Architects / Pierce the Veil / Creeper / Crossfaith / Against Me! / Milk Teeth

Alice in Chains

Smashing Pumpkins / Weezer / The Gaslight Anthem / Bush / Bad Religion / Sleater-Kinney / Mudhoney / Andrew WK

Slayer

Metallica / Within Temptation / Ghost / Halestorm / Deafheaven / Behemoth / Code Orange / Employed to Serve

All Time Low

I was going to put Five Finger Death Punch below Metallica, but figured they might hold out to push them up as a headliner. I also decided to replace the classic rock day with a 90s day (plus Gaslight Anthem and Andrew WK). All in all, not particularly realistic but I think it could work.

In the past few years I feel that Download has been pushing metal bands more and has recently has had more bands in that genre than any other, so i feel that download 2019 will be no different and will also have a more metal push. I hope FFDP play but as it was only 2017 when they last played, it may be 2020 before they return, same with pierce the veil, Of mice and men, in flames etc. I could definatley see Korn playing, or perhaps Atilla

1 hour ago, Lukeas said:

In the past few years I feel that Download has been pushing metal bands more and has recently has had more bands in that genre than any other, so i feel that download 2019 will be no different and will also have a more metal push. I hope FFDP play but as it was only 2017 when they last played, it may be 2020 before they return, same with pierce the veil, Of mice and men, in flames etc. I could definatley see Korn playing, or perhaps Atilla

So like it always has done? If anything there's been a bigger push for pop punk and rock in the past few years.

6 hours ago, Lukeas said:

Does anyone think Alice Cooper may play this year? It's been ages since he last played at Download, he's still terrific live and would be a great sub!

Currently touring with Hollywood Vampires, plus all of the higher up positions on the lineup have been filled so no room for him/them.

12 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Have Prophets of Rage been to UK yet? Maybe they could do it.

Subbed System Of A Down at Download last year. Not sure where they would go from there, maybe headlining second? 

With the original Misfits playing more and more shows in America, hopefully there’s some chance of them being booked for DL 2019. They’d make an insane second stage headliner.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Subbed System Of A Down at Download last year. Not sure where they would go from there, maybe headlining second? 

With the original Misfits playing more and more shows in America, hopefully there’s some chance of them being booked for DL 2019. They’d make an insane second stage headliner.

Would imagine they'd be more of a main stage sub if they were booked due to the rarity of it and it being quite a big booking for Download.