Radio X

bottonrob

It's all down to tastes. Plenty for me there. 

OCS, James, Shed Seven....like a Nostalgic trip back to the good days. 

Wailers and Run DMC be good too. Hacienda Classical perfect too for Thursday. 

I'll be there. Not been for a few years either. 

Fuck you know things are bad when you look at a lineup and think, oh OCS were not terrible when I saw them before so that’ll be ok. 

RUN DMC were atrociously bad at IOW last year, 90 mins of waffle and shouting, just awful.

whats with all the dj sets, basement max, grandmaster flash, the coral, Tim Burgess, if you are going to sign people up get them to actually do a gig not twiddle a few knobs.

6 minutes ago, Smeble said:

RUN DMC were atrociously bad at IOW last year, 90 mins of waffle and shouting, just awful.

I`m not surprised to hear this. Are they closing things on Sunday do we know ?

Think they would have been an interesting booking in an earlier slot but never a headliner for me. Sugarhill Gang and Snoop never headlined but were pretty good and got big crowds, especially Snoop.

Fairly standard KC line up.

Libs and Catfish are KC all over. HC are a decent booking but really surprised Run DMC are headlining. Maybe underestimate their stock but thought they would be 3rd / 4th down.

I think it’s alright but not for me. It was this or Bestival for me and gonna go Bestival.

Catfish and libs were expected by quite a few and they are ok headliners for the size of the fest but after run doc at isle of White last year I would of thought no one would of touched them! A Weller,LG or Ashcroft would of been good for the sat slot and would have turned the lineup round

Kendal is always old indie filler with a good selection of new acts, people shouldn’t expect anything too inventive with it. Genuinely think it was one top headliner away from being a decent Kendal lineup

Edited by rhubarb

2 minutes ago, rhubarb said:

Kendal is always old indie filler with a good selection of new acts, people shouldn’t expect anything too inventive with it. Genuinely think it was one top headliner away from being a decent Kendal lineup

Probably my feeling. Somebody good after Run DMC could have made all the difference. There will still be a few to come.

I`ve just seen the poster for the first time. The line under the headliners is :

Ocean Colour Scene - James - Shed 7. Not very inventive as you say but I think / hope there will be some acts to come that can slot in above or around those 3.

12 minutes ago, rhubarb said:

Catfish and libs were expected by quite a few and they are ok headliners for the size of the fest but after run doc at isle of White last year I would of thought no one would of touched them! A Weller,LG or Ashcroft would of been good for the sat slot and would have turned the lineup round

Ashcroft would have been perfect, saw him at IOW and despite not really being a verve fan and thinking he is a bit of a twat I thoroughly enjoyed his set, really very good.

Yeah swapping Richard Ashcroft for Run DMC would have made all the difference for me as well. 

I can' help thinking that Hacienda would have gone down better at Blue Dot and Chemicals would have been better at Kendal ! Hacienda have that quirky thing that Blue Dot is all about.

7 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Yeah swapping Richard Ashcroft for Run DMC would have made all the difference for me as well. 

I can' help thinking that Hacienda would have gone down better at Blue Dot and Chemicals would have been better at Kendal ! Hacienda have that quirky thing that Blue Dot is all about.

Whilst I agree, Chemical Brothers will be a good ticket seller at Blue Dot. 

Kendal will sell out without them

Edited by arteet