Radio X

bottonrob

23 minutes ago, jamj said:

what do you make of this that was just posted on fb?.....

To throw a complete spanner in the works, someone actually messaged me when I made a comment about the line up being released and said that ... KC were short on capital and the line up would suffer and that's the reason why the 2018 payment plan started before the 2017 festival. Those early payments went towards last year which has had a knock on effect onto this and they know that releasing the headliners is unlikely to cause a surge for tickets like last year. 

I am not posting who messaged me unless they uncover themselves as I do not know who they are, any connections they have and where they could have got such info from.

It did seem like a money spinner when they did the 15 month payment plan, in all reality the tickets weren't much cheaper than  the 12 month option. I know they got some support in the end from the likes of amazon chipping in for the happy Mondays as part of the Twitch stream deal.

I can't imagine they're holding back the announcement much longer and from their point of view people will complain whoever they announce ! 

2 minutes ago, jamj said:

As someone who bought on the 15mth plan I'm pretty miffed too!

I hear ya mate ! 

But a wiseman once told me success breeds jealousy and they are pretty successful.

tell ya what mate I’m that confident it’s bulshit if you lose out financially I will pay you back 

1 minute ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I hear ya mate ! 

But a wiseman once told me success breeds jealousy and they are pretty successful.

tell ya what mate I’m that confident it’s bulshit if you lose out financially I will pay you back 

Does that include if they book the hotpots and James? 

that's the reason why the 2018 payment plan started before the 2017 festival. 

We started the 2018 payment plan before the 2017 festival because people were asking us to. We didn't see any reason against doing so if it pleases people, so we put them on sale.

Those early payments went towards last year

The money is ring-fenced by ticketline.

The announcement is coming imminently. Sorry it's later than usual, I'll explain why at another time (I have threatened to join the efest meetup and maybe this years the one?!) but it'll be worth the wait. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, naarjtie said:

We started the 2018 payment plan before the 2017 festival because people were asking us to. We didn't see any reason against doing so if it pleases people, so we put them on sale.

The money is ring-fenced by ticketline.

The announcement is coming imminently. Sorry it's later than usual, I'll explain why at another time (I have threatened to join the efest meetup and maybe this years the one?!) but it'll be worth the wait. 

I would have let lochland sweat everyone's refunds personally rather than chip in ! 

54 minutes ago, jamj said:

what do you make of this that was just posted on fb?.....

To throw a complete spanner in the works, someone actually messaged me when I made a comment about the line up being released and said that ... KC were short on capital and the line up would suffer and that's the reason why the 2018 payment plan started before the 2017 festival. Those early payments went towards last year which has had a knock on effect onto this and they know that releasing the headliners is unlikely to cause a surge for tickets like last year. 

I am not posting who messaged me unless they uncover themselves as I do not know who they are, any connections they have and where they could have got such info from.

I've no idea what they'll be announcing, but I've no reason to think what you're saying is correct.

The view from my limited position is that there's no reason to think KC is anything but healthy.

5 minutes ago, naarjtie said:

Any other time I happily would but I want to borrow a shed from him for an info-point so keeping on his good side! 

2 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

You can have 1 for free ! If you promise to not book the hotpots for 10 years 

You've forced me to break an 8 year cycle of never liking one of his posts ! Damn you !

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've no idea what they'll be announcing, but I've no reason to think what you're saying is correct.

The view from my limited position is that there's no reason to think KC is anything but healthy.

I was surprised when I read it to be fair, I've reported their response back to the person who claims to have gotten the 'special message' 

6 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

You can have 1 for free ! If you promise to not book the hotpots for 10 years 

I'm so DIY that if pick up a screw driver or god forbid enter the same room as a wrench then MrsBotton calls the Red cross as a precaution but hey feckit, a 10year Shitpots ban and I'll build you the best goddam shed in the whole of the north! (Disclaimer: shed will be shit and I may die)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Ok, so Radio X after 7pm it is. Beer in fridge chilling and YouTube ready to listen to a few of the bands announced tomorrow.

Can anyone advise me how to get tuned in ?

Is it anywhere near radio Luxembourg on the mw dial or is it on that fancy lw near that Atlantic 252 ?

Aparantly you need 1 of these to pick up a reception 

3C812E54-5096-47BB-B867-EDCE0809903B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Ok, so Radio X after 7pm it is. Beer in fridge chilling and YouTube ready to listen to a few of the bands announced tomorrow.

Can anyone advise me how to get tuned in ?

Is it anywhere near radio Luxembourg on the mw dial or is it on that fancy lw near that Atlantic 252 ?

Use this link sir...listen live on your laptop

http://www.radiox.co.uk/manchester/radio/player/

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Weller to headline I reckon

I thought the same after seeing the victorious lineup. Weller and libertines would make me extremely happy but on the flip side won't appeal to my friends- I hope it's someone like catfish to tempt them in! 

Though I do worry a Weller headline set will leave us with an empty field if he doesn't bother with any hits...I don't even mean jam ones

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Though I do worry a Weller headline set will leave us with an empty field if he doesn't bother with any hits...I don't even mean jam ones

he's been much more relaxed about playing Jam numbers in the last decade as far as I'm aware. There was a time when he avoided them all.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

he's been much more relaxed about playing Jam numbers in the last decade as far as I'm aware. There was a time when he avoided them all.

Glasto 2015 was great - perfect sunset greatest hits set...which i guess does show he knows the occasion

Looking forward to this announcement anyway, Kendal has always been my second favourite festival! 

As a lifelong fan of Paul weller his name alone will go down well with the masses but then it depends on which Paul turns up,  if the self indulgent Paul is there playing obscure album tracks it will only please the real weller fans but if the let's have a ball Paul turns up it could go down as one of the best sets ever to grace lowther,  but whichever Paul would turn up it's Certainly going to be better than Brian Wilson on a purely selfish personal point of view it would make my weekend 

19 minutes ago, ramragon said:

I don't mind Weller but not sure how well that would go down with the masses. 

If Weller is there then what effect do you think it would have on the chances of OCS being there? Can you see Steve Craddock doing two different sets over the weekend?

Paul Weller .................. mmmmmmmm not really what the vast majority of the fans will be expecting !

Breaks my heart that victorious have the prodigy on an exclusive the deer park has been crying out for such a show to take the festival to another level as far as stage production and putting on a show !

So yesterdays leak wasnt a leak it was fake so im hearing which is a bummer as well !

Think this could well be a pretty disappointing announcement !  

56 minutes ago, ramragon said:

I don't mind Weller but not sure how well that would go down with the masses. 

Was always a fan until saw him live at t in the park about 5 years ago. He looked more bored than the crowd. Remember being very disappointed.

He has the tunes but he was late afternoon at T back then. Is he a headliner nowadays?