Festival App Survey

gigtimes

Hi all!

Me and a friend are currently developing a music festival app which we reckon could be of interest to you lot, and we wanted to hear your thoughts on it. If you could complete this really really quick survey it would be much appreciated and would hopefully help us build something that you would all enjoy using. Even if you think it's a stupid, unworkable idea that you would never download in a million years, let us know because any feedback (good or bad) is what we need. Just please don't be too rude ;) 

LINK: https://gigtimes.typeform.com/to/SxCcm1

Thanks!

Nick

P.S. I know this app wouldn't be suited to a big festival like Glastonbury, as they have the resources to build their own, so the survey is done more with smaller festivals in mind.

49 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

how many hours each and every day do you have to put into generating the content for your app?

because without the actual real work - which isn't the app - it's pretty useless.

It's a side project at the moment, which is why we want to gauge interest before dedicating all of our time to it :) I think if we really found there was a lot of interest and it was 'do-able' then of course, we would put in the hours necessary to make it a success.

We're just concentrating on building a solid, reliable app that people would like first of all. Out of interest - what sort of content are you talking about?

On 26/01/2018 at 1:07 PM, gigtimes said:

It's a side project at the moment, which is why we want to gauge interest before dedicating all of our time to it :) I think if we really found there was a lot of interest and it was 'do-able' then of course, we would put in the hours necessary to make it a success.

We're just concentrating on building a solid, reliable app that people would like first of all. Out of interest - what sort of content are you talking about?

Content needed would be:

• Line ups for all festivals
  • Line up times for festivals
  • Lineup & Rumours news for all festivals
  • Ability to create your own watch list/time table for a festival (Like the EE one for glasto)
  • Prizes/Giveaways
  • Music news
  • Festival maps
  • Gig tickets 
  • Gig info (like Song kick)

The problem is, most of this has already been done. I Suppose having it all in one app and constantly up to date would be pretty cool. 

7 hours ago, Havors said:

Content needed would be:

• Lineup & Rumours news for all festivals
  • Ability to create your own watch list/time table for a festival (Like the EE one for glasto)
  • Prizes/Giveaways
  • Music news
  • Festival maps
  • Gig tickets 
  • Gig info (like Song kick)

The problem is, most of this has already been done. I Suppose having it all in one app and constantly up to date would be pretty cool. 

Yep, for sure the following are already incorporated in the app:

• Festival tickets
  • Festival info

I quite want to keep it simple for now and just concentrate on building a solid app that does its main jobs well: supplying live stage times and selling tickets. But they are some good ideas! I also thought of a 'festival buddy' kind of system, where anyone going alone can meet up with other solo travellers via the app. A long way off that though! Cheers!

14 hours ago, gigtimes said:

Yep, for sure the following are already incorporated in the app:

• Festival tickets
  • Festival info

I quite want to keep it simple for now and just concentrate on building a solid app that does its main jobs well: supplying live stage times and selling tickets. But they are some good ideas! I also thought of a 'festival buddy' kind of system, where anyone going alone can meet up with other solo travellers via the app. A long way off that though! Cheers!

The problem with only offering that is.... you aren't really offering anything different. There are already apps that do this. Unless you UX/UI is shit hot its a bit pointless. 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

The problem with only offering that is.... you aren't really offering anything different. There are already apps that do this. Unless you UX/UI is shit hot its a bit pointless. 

I think having the 'live' stage times on your phone is different to what anyone else is doing - both having them alongside your ticket in the mobile app and getting notifications during the festival if/when there are any changes. I'm hoping that would be the thing that would persuade people to buy tickets through this rather than other ticket sites, but I need to try and find out if that's true first!

So would this app only have stage times, etc for festivals that have signed up to use the app? It would probably be useful to me if I ended up going to a few of the listed festivals, but if I was only using it for one festival it would get deleted off my phone once I came back.

10 minutes ago, evilduck said:

So would this app only have stage times, etc for festivals that have signed up to use the app? It would probably be useful to me if I ended up going to a few of the listed festivals, but if I was only using it for one festival it would get deleted off my phone once I came back.

yeh that would be the plan, just so that the festival people could update them throughout the fest. Mmm I know, that's probably an issue, but I guess festivals are so seasonal that it would be pretty difficult to keep people using the app all year round - unless you moved into gigs as well. Which is a different kettle of fish.

On 30/01/2018 at 10:25 AM, gigtimes said:

I think having the 'live' stage times on your phone is different to what anyone else is doing - both having them alongside your ticket in the mobile app and getting notifications during the festival if/when there are any changes. I'm hoping that would be the thing that would persuade people to buy tickets through this rather than other ticket sites, but I need to try and find out if that's true first!

The EE app did this for Glasto last year. Sent push notifications for the acts you added to your to watch list. You don't need a ticket on your mobile, they are a one and done sent in the post, get your wrist band at the gate type of thing. 

We are just being devils advocate here by the way haha not having a go! But these are all the questions you need to have good answers to if its going to be a success. 

For me, if the EE Glasto app worked for most major festivals that would awesome. You could fit the nice where you have horrible Live Nation run festivals where they charge you £10-15 for the lineup times/lanyard... V Festival springs to mind.

If your app worked for such festivals and was accurate and up to date thats a good start. Needs to offer a bit more though I think personally. 

On 31/01/2018 at 3:22 PM, Havors said:

The EE app did this for Glasto last year. Sent push notifications for the acts you added to your to watch list. You don't need a ticket on your mobile, they are a one and done sent in the post, get your wrist band at the gate type of thing. 

We are just being devils advocate here by the way haha not having a go! But these are all the questions you need to have good answers to if its going to be a success. 

For me, if the EE Glasto app worked for most major festivals that would awesome. You could fit the nice where you have horrible Live Nation run festivals where they charge you £10-15 for the lineup times/lanyard... V Festival springs to mind.

If your app worked for such festivals and was accurate and up to date thats a good start. Needs to offer a bit more though I think personally. 

No no as I said in the original post, any type of feedback is great and gives me plenty to think about! I need to hear any potential pitfalls that I hadn't thought of, so cheers

Clearly it's something that worked well for the Glastonbury app, so we would hope to do something similar that works across all festivals (who don't have an app already).

And yeh, this would be the first thing the app is built around but I do think there are loads more features we could add further down the line - such as a festival buddy pair-up, customised lineup suggestions, map of the site etc etc (thanks to those who have suggested this kind of stuff in the survey, btw)