Elton John

Sawdusty surfer

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I can't see his tour dates (his website keeps crashing) but I'm fairly sure that in recent years he's hopped around between countries on consecutive dates.

....maybe, but the Sunday night gig makes a legend slot somewhat unlikely....and I just don't see him fitting a Friday headliner.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Could mean a complete redesign for the 'thingy'....

@Gnomicide cancel your plans!!

After finally being able to load his tour dates, it doesn't seem terribly promising that he's doing his European tour to fit Glasto 2019 but has chosen to do the only two nights of Montreux Jazz that coincide with Glastonbury that year. Like, would he be planning to route his whole farewell tour to come back and do Glastonbury on its 50th anniversary when he coulda just played the 4th/5th night at Montreux and did Glastonbury in 2019? I hope he does it and hope he gets a headline slot but I don't think I'm as confident as anyone else.

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

@Gnomicide cancel your plans!!

After finally being able to load his tour dates, it doesn't seem terribly promising that he's doing his European tour to fit Glasto 2019 but has chosen to do the only two nights of Montreux Jazz that coincide with Glastonbury that year. Like, would he be planning to route his whole farewell tour to come back and do Glastonbury on its 50th anniversary when he coulda just played the 4th/5th night at Montreux and did Glastonbury in 2019? I hope he does it and hope he gets a headline slot but I don't think I'm as confident as anyone else.

But if his tour's gonna be continuing until at least Summer 2020 anyway then does that matter? Say he spoke to Glastonbury and they said he could play either of the two years he may prefer to do the 50th anniversary year out of the two. If Emily (I think) has said they've already had artists offering to play in 2020 then I don't see it as unrealistic.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

But if his tour's gonna be continuing until at least Summer 2020 anyway then does that matter? Say he spoke to Glastonbury and they said he could play either of the two years he may prefer to do the 50th anniversary year out of the two. If Emily (I think) has said they've already had artists offering to play in 2020 then I don't see it as unrealistic.

Absolutely but I'm sceptical as to:

• why he'd route his tour to repeat itself for a festival that he has no relationship with and has never seemed interested in forging one.
  • the popular suggestion that the festival will be loading 2020 up with all the mega stars it can handle and leaving slim pickings for 2019/2021.

Still more than happy to play with the idea of that being the case and maybe he is romanced by the 50th anniversary or he's got UK festival plans (IOW most likely) that impinge on 2019 availability. And it'll at least give a breather from every suggestion for that year being shot down by "no mate it's Coldplay".