Glastonbury evolves

Crazyfool01

- keep the old punk coming on the truth stage

- more compost toilets

- litter police - got tired of people dumping their crap in our area and not putting it away

- late night alternative to the rave djs

- more brothers bars

- quieter camp area for those of us who like their sleep 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

that's what people used to say when it was the dance village. :P

The organisers should have listened, then! :lol: Although I do think the sound bleed didn't seem to be as bad when it was the dance village. 

The small venues in Silver Hayes are often dangerously overcrowded.

Sonic is style over substance.

I do like Blues and The Gully but like I say, at times they are dangerously overcrowded, particularly the former. 

It's probably not achievable with the limited space but to replace Silver Hayes how about one larger outdoor stage dedicated to electronic music? It's not like there's not enough micro venues scattered around the site dedicated to the genre.

As mentioned, more variety in the late night music. I love electronic music, but still. Getting rid of Copperdollar in order to have a bigger dnb arena, aka The Temple, made me sad.

Having said that, there was that punk train thing last year, not that i could get in when any acts were on. Maybe they'll expand on that kind of thing. 

Edited by fatyeti24

Certainly a late night tent/bar that isn't just shite dance music. A DJ spinning some soul/rock/blues etc would be nice. 

At the moment its either full on dance/electro or cheesy and "ironic" (shit) anthems. I really don't want to have to put up with Pat Benetar, REO Speedwagon, Journey or Jefferson Starship. 

Doing whatever it reasonably takes to prevent the dumb culture of trashing a beautiful site with waste. I'm presuming the vast majority at Glastonbury don't wilfully discard litter/debris/left items if they're on holiday or at home, what makes it acceptable at Glastonbury? What a negative image the 'environmentally-conscious' festival creates for the outside world.

And the 'temporary' nature of the garbage is no get out, by the time the site is safe to return to farming it is a significant portion of the year where it is laid to waste.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Certainly a late night tent/bar that isn't just shite dance music. A DJ spinning some soul/rock/blues etc would be nice. 

At the moment its either full on dance/electro or cheesy and "ironic" (shit) anthems. I really don't want to have to put up with Pat Benetar, REO Speedwagon, Journey or Jefferson Starship. 

They’ve had some soul/northern soul things after the bands have finished in William’s Green over the past couple of years.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

I feel like rock/pop fans get the run of the daytime stages so giving way to house, D’n’B, and so on at a certain time makes sense. Plus you know if there was one rock place, it’d probably get too crowded and not be worth the effort.

The acoustic stage area and bar is a wasteland after hours. Could easily throw a couple of speakers in there and play some John Lee Hooker till 3am. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They had a few bands on the truth stage and the earache stage I believe was to celebrate the labels anniversary so doubtful itd be a permement feature i mean a proper permanent stage or area akin to the dance venues in silverhayes. There every year with a whole weekends lineup

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I feel like rock/pop fans get the run of the daytime stages so giving way to house, D’n’B, and so on at a certain time makes sense. Plus you know if there was one rock place, it’d probably get too crowded and not be worth the effort.

So anyone not into electronic music should just go to bed early is that what your saying? Lol 

• Upvote 1