Glastonbury evolves

Crazyfool01

Changes afoot for Block 9 and Arcadia, from Emily's interview with NME...

“We’re spreading out Block 9 a bit, giving them more space as they’ve got some pretty mind boggling ideas that we’re putting into action. We’ve been chatting to Arcadia about doing something quite radical in that field – they’ve come up with some inspired plans. It’s best kept under wraps, but it’s certainly raising the bar!”

looking at the page on the festival site for Glasto Latino it doesn't seem that there is an awful lot there ... This might however put pay to my always in the back of my mind plan to try the dancing ..... probably for the good for the rest of the others trying it and FMS probably won't have the capacity for injuries once I get going !!

There's been a Latino tent for a good few years, certainly before the Glasto Latino field.  I remember being in it in Holts (c 2011), and before that in the Dance Village (c 2009), so your chance to dance may not disappear.

From admittedly fuzzy memories, the busiest parts of Glasto Latino were the Rum Shack, the Latino tent and a pretty straight up, non Latino, indie disco place.  There's also, as mentioned, quite a bit of room in that field down the bottom end where the late night entrance is.  I could imagine the popular bits being retained in a 'new' area that gives more space to the heaving parts from neighbouring fields.  

10 hours ago, VolumetricFox said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the new Arcadia thing is bringing along their new indoor blacked out venue - 5000 capacity they posted on their Facebook, its getting its first outing at their event in May.

Is that alongside the spider? Thus making two Arcadia venues?

Maybe I'm being thick here but... Arcadia has queues?

I camp pretty close to it (Oxlyers) and have always just strolled to it, although I admit I've probably not gone at the busiest of times. Last year I was there about midnight-ish on the Sunday, which I assume would be a fairly busy time? Memory is a little hazy as this was after about 120 hours of solid drinking.

On 22/02/2018 at 9:08 PM, DareToDibble said:

Maybe I'm being thick here but... Arcadia has queues?

I camp pretty close to it (Oxlyers) and have always just strolled to it, although I admit I've probably not gone at the busiest of times. Last year I was there about midnight-ish on the Sunday, which I assume would be a fairly busy time? Memory is a little hazy as this was after about 120 hours of solid drinking.

Only time i went was midnight-ish on the sunday and whilst it was busy-ish there was nothing near to a queue. Think on other nights there was though.